Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:27:58 AM

Author Topic: CNC Help needed with Parallel Interface card - I think.  (Read 1884 times)

CNC Help needed with Parallel Interface card - I think.
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:55:46 PM »
Hey everyone - looking to see if you think my Parallel interface card might be failing.  Running Mach3 - system has been cutting fine.  Today, start a file, starts cutting fine then slowly the X axis, Y axis and even the router start to slow all the way down to a crawl - then stops.

Wondering if this might be the Parallel interface card.  I have checked voltage output of power supply,  If I restart the same file - it starts at 100% then starts to slow down again.

Any ideas????  In-A-Pinch   Peter.

Offline bfgstew

•  91 91
  • DOH!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CNC Help needed with Parallel Interface card - I think.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 04:03:23 PM »
Sounds like a PSU issue?

Check output voltage at start and watch it and see if it starts to dip when the fault occurs.

More info would help though - machine/PSU/PIC/Gcode and pictures. It all makes identifying the problem a bit easier.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 04:11:10 PM »
Checked the power supply unit.  It stays consistent at 48v output through the process.

Offline bfgstew

•  91 91
  • DOH!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:52:35 PM »
Does it happen on a particular job or any job? Does it do it when manually jogging? Post more info Peter, especially your XML file for others to diagnose.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »
As Stew has said, please post your .xml file. The one that is located in the Mach3 folder named <your profile>.xml (typically Mach3Mill.xml). Copy it and rename it to uniquelydc.xml then use the 'Additional Options...' to attach it to your next post.

Tweakie.
PEACE