Hello Guest it is June 25, 2019, 08:52:21 PM

Author Topic: CNC Help needed with Parallel Interface card - I think.  (Read 1065 times)

CNC Help needed with Parallel Interface card - I think.
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:55:46 PM »
Hey everyone - looking to see if you think my Parallel interface card might be failing.  Running Mach3 - system has been cutting fine.  Today, start a file, starts cutting fine then slowly the X axis, Y axis and even the router start to slow all the way down to a crawl - then stops.

Wondering if this might be the Parallel interface card.  I have checked voltage output of power supply,  If I restart the same file - it starts at 100% then starts to slow down again.

Any ideas????  In-A-Pinch   Peter.

Offline bfgstew

•  105 105
  • DOH!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CNC Help needed with Parallel Interface card - I think.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 04:03:23 PM »
Sounds like a PSU issue?

Check output voltage at start and watch it and see if it starts to dip when the fault occurs.

More info would help though - machine/PSU/PIC/Gcode and pictures. It all makes identifying the problem a bit easier.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 04:11:10 PM »
Checked the power supply unit.  It stays consistent at 48v output through the process.

Offline bfgstew

•  105 105
  • DOH!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:52:35 PM »
Does it happen on a particular job or any job? Does it do it when manually jogging? Post more info Peter, especially your XML file for others to diagnose.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,817 7,817
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »
As Stew has said, please post your .xml file. The one that is located in the Mach3 folder named <your profile>.xml (typically Mach3Mill.xml). Copy it and rename it to uniquelydc.xml then use the 'Additional Options...' to attach it to your next post.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.