Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:14:59 PM

Author Topic: C3 index board not seeing slot when rpm is fast  (Read 1754 times)

C3 index board not seeing slot when rpm is fast
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
Hello, I have a C3 index board with the optical sensor, a CD painted black with a single 5/16 or 8mm slot.  When I position the slot in the sensor the index led lights.  When I rotate the spindle very slowly, the index led lights.  If I rotate the spindle quickly, the led does not light up.  When using Mach, it shows an rpm that seems accurate, and stable.  But when trying to cut a thread, it doesn't work at all.  When the spindle is rotating around 200 rpm, the led won't light for many seconds, and then it will flash 2-3 times, then it's dark for a long time.

Any ideas what I should check?

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Re: C3 index board not seeing slot when rpm is fast
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:28:14 PM »
hi
i use the C3 on my denford orac cnc lathe & it works very well , i think your problem is that the slot in your disk is not wide enough i think mine is at least 1/2" wide & this works well for spindle speeds up to 2000 rpm & threading at 600 rpm
robert

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 03:06:24 PM »
You cannot use teh on screen led to trouble shoot teh signal at speed as teh refresh rate of teh LEds is SLOW compared to teh signal sampling.

IF you are getting a stable RPM reading that responds to RPM changes  then the Signal is working.

(;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 03:46:42 PM »
Try lowering the Index Debounce on General Config page, preferably to zero if possible.

Hood
C3 index board not seeing slot when rpm is fast
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 07:41:04 PM »
Thanks for your help guys.  I enlarged the slot to about one inch, and it seems to be working. I cut my first cnc thread!! 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk