Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:00:10 PM

Author Topic: Reset A axis DRO from G-Code program  (Read 2380 times)

Reset A axis DRO from G-Code program
« on: February 07, 2016, 01:02:01 PM »
Is there a way to reset the A axis (angular) back to zero in a G-code program?  Specifically I want to thread by rotating A axis a specific number of turns, while moving the X axis. Then I want to return X axis at rapid while simply setting A axis to zero for next pass, instead of reversing it back to zero.

Thanks,

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Reset A axis DRO from G-Code program
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 03:15:25 PM »
How are you to keep teh 2 synced if you reset teh A to zero each time ? You could STOP the A at a 360deg division point then use G92 A0 to reset to zero.

You do know that you CAN link teh A axis to teh X axis in motion so that when you move X it will rotate A at what ever ration of Rev per unit you require. I do this this with turn using a step direction servo spindle for threading. When the 2 are linked when you move Z it rotates C at the programmed thread pitch. Perfect guaged thread every time.  The Z/C will never get out of sync until you release it and teh C goes back to being a spindle again.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 09:18:57 PM »
TP,
I didn't know about synching the axis that way.  The only thing is it seems you have to unwind the A axis after each pass?  I was thinking just use full 360 turns and then G92 A0 as you suggest. Seems like I could rapid back much faster that way.  Bad idea?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 10:07:43 PM »
It will work you just have to know where you start and stop rotations at so you can sync the A back in properly when you retract back to teh start. Yes it will save some time over  unwinding teh A each time.  Just be aware that somewhere or sometime you will have to unwind it (;-) or refhome the A again.

(;-) TP