Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:46:53 PM

Author Topic: Index RPM will not return to zero  (Read 4803 times)

Index RPM will not return to zero
« on: February 01, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »
I placed a prox sensor  on spindle to monitor rpm to cut threads. Mach 3 picks up the signal and it matches the number on the LED screen that came with the sensor. My problem is when I turn my spindle off, the RPM reading on mach3 does not return to zero. Has anyone else had this problem. It will stay around 130 or so. When I turn spindle back on it will display the correct RPM but it will never return to zero.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121571984060?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Re: Index RPM will not return to zero
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:18:09 PM »
Sorry, I cannot help you as I am having the same problem.  Just installed my sensor.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
Are you using the same type sensor I am? I wonder if it has something to do with the output voltage of the sensor?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 02:55:32 PM »
Magnetic sensor I would guess as I am just using a bolt head passing by the sensor, single pick up.  One other thing is that the RPM reads to about 750 and then the read out in Mach drops to half the actual RPM.  You experience anything like that?
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 03:08:37 PM »
Yes.. my low speed will work just fine 490 RPM but when I switch to high speed it should show 900rpm  but mach 3 shows around 500rpm . The lcd screen shows the correct rpm but not mach 3. I know it is something simple, just cant figure it out.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 08:43:45 PM »
I figured out mine.. i went to general config and reduced the "debounce interval" & "index debounce" it will now show the correct rpm. But it still wont go to zero when I turn off the spindle.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 12:16:51 AM »
Well you are making progress, I am going backwards.  I was getting a spindle RPM read out, but before I tried your debounce change I decided to change my motor setup into metric.  I am working in metric and my ball screws are in metric.  All seemed to go well and my programs run as before, BUT I no longer get a spindle RPM read out.  I then did try raising and lowering debounce, moving my sensor back and forth but nothing worked.  The sensor seems to be working as the light on the sensor flashes for each revolution.  What a pain.  Any ideas?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 02:23:39 AM »
In very basic terms;  Increasing the 'de-bounce' means that a signal has to be present for a longer period of time in order to be recognized.
When it comes to speed or position sensors increasing the detected time is the way forward (for an optical sensor this may be increasing the width of the slot, for a magnetic sensor it may be placing two or more magnets next to each other etc.).

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 03:11:01 PM »
How are you starting/stopping the spindle?
What version of Mach are you using?

Hood
Index RPM will not return to zero
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 05:05:35 PM »
If you turn off the spindle manually Mach 3 doesn't know it's stopped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk