Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:34:37 AM

Author Topic: New to CNC and need some assistance please  (Read 2655 times)

New to CNC and need some assistance please
« on: January 24, 2016, 03:11:59 PM »
I recently purchased a 6040Z 4 axis Chinese CNC for hobby use. I have the basics set up and am at the trial stage. My problem lies in the X control. When I push the right (+) arrow, the machine travels left (-) and visa versa. The Z and Y controls seem to work correctly. I aslo have no control of the A (rotary axis). Can anyone offer up a fix?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: New to CNC and need some assistance please
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »
Chelsey,

- In the upper part of  Mach screen, click  Config
- select System Hotkeys Setup from the drop down
- in the Jog Hotkeys, click the axis of interest, you will be prompted for the key you want to use

Next:
- Config>Ports & Pins - the A axis needs to be enabled, check that it is and that it's configured.
  Note that A is usually Angular and in Motor tuning the steps per unit  are steps per degree.

Next:
- Config>General Logic screen, third box on the left, tick the box next to A axis is Angular

BTW,
Can't offer any help on the 6040Z.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:22:09 PM »
Thanks for the input. I have another question. Just so I'm clear on proper terminology when dealing with home and limit switches, am I correct in assuming that " Soft Limits" are actually virtual limits set in the software? I don't have actual limit switches installed on my machine.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 08:44:40 PM »
" Soft Limits" are actually virtual limits set in the software? I don't have actual limit switches installed on my machine.

Yes, if you don't have actual switches you are depending the software to not allow movement of the axis ( tool is a better word ) beyond the limits.

RICH

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 08:09:56 AM »
Thank you for your help and patience.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:10 AM »
Rich, I am sorry to do this, but switching the jog buttons in the system hot keys is going to cause errors when Gcode is run.

What needs to happen is when you press the X+ jog button in the jog panel (press TAB on your keyboard)  the spindle needs to the right its a positive direction (to the right).  Numbers get bigger, Moves to the left numbers get smaller.

If you just reverse the keystroke for the jog command anytime you run a code, the part will come out backwards.

So press the X+ on the jog screen.  The spindle should move right Like the arrow shows.  Left arrow , the spindle should move left.

If that is backwards,
Click on Config at the top.  In the drop down go to HOMING/LIMITS
In the reversed column for X  change the setting from a red X to a green check, or vice versa. 
Click ok.

Now using the screen itself, CLick the left arrow spindle should move left.

Once that is done, you can re do Richs steps to assign key strokes to the corrected directions.