Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:01:50 AM

Author Topic: BAD DECISSION  (Read 16020 times)

Re: BAD DECISSION
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 10:31:54 AM »
Hi Lawrence,

If you post your .xml file (the one located in the Mach3 folder named <your profile>.xml [typically Mach3Mill.xml]) copy and rename it to lawrence.xml then use the 'reply' tab and Additional Options to post it. Then we can check you Mach3 settings and hopefully see if there are any problems with your set-up.

Tweakie.

Hey Lawrence, Please send the entire file, not just part of the contents.
Copy and Paste it to your desktop, rename it as Tweakie instructed and attach it using "Additional Options" in the lower left corner of the "Reply" window.

Russ  :)
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 11:26:44 AM »
That is the exact same controller I got with mine.  From the corner of the router in the picture it looks like the exact same machine I got.

I hate to sound the way I am going to sound, but man, the electronics suck.  I did get mine to run, but it was not great.  I have seen alot of issues with the quality of wire they used on these.  Sources of many issues.
Putting a G540 and new motors, or possibly using the stock motors will make a HUGE difference.  I used a little better setup then the G540 because I had it already.

Where are you located?  In the US?  Does the mill computer have/or can it have internet access?  I could use team viewer to log into it and check a few things.  The setup is very straight forward on these, but if you are not getting mach3 to output, then its a mute point.  The mill computer, is it 32 bit windows?  Are you using the on board printer port?  Add in PCI card?  USB pulse generator?
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:58 AM »
I hate to cross form post, but here is a link to my router thread on the ZONE.
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chinese-machines/257376-cnc-software.html
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 11:32:31 AM »
The controller is hooked up to the printer serial port 378.

The XML data you posted shows the port address as 888. Better double check that.

Russ
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 11:38:56 AM »
Good catch there overloard, there is the major problem right there.  If that setting is not right, it will never ever ever ever (catching on here?)  work.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »
Thank you all. I will be checking settings and following other suggestions today. I am so impressed by the help here, thank you to all again!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 10:56:23 AM »
The controller is hooked up to the printer serial port 378.

The XML data you posted shows the port address as 888. Better double check that.

Russ

As pointed out by my friend Tweakie :   " ....  888 is probably correct as it is the decimal of 378 Hex"

Still, it might help us to help you if you post the complete .XML file.
Kind regards  :)
Russ
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »
If you cannot get it, send me a message, I will talk with you and teamviewer into the PC and look around.  I am sure we can get this.  Although, I would highly recommend a UC100 for the PC connection.  I just love them
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 03:23:32 PM »
Hope I got it right this time. ???
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 05:35:27 PM »
Hi Larry, you never really said what your machine will, or will not do.

When you power it up, do the motors lock up and hold steady ?
You have no hotkeys setup so keyboard jogging will not work.
But if you hit the TAB key, you will see the pop-up pendant.
Clicking on the axis arrows should jog the machine. Does it ?

Gotta start somewhere.

Regards,
Russ