Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:19:18 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Outputs  (Read 2060 times)

Mach3 Outputs
« on: January 17, 2016, 03:48:59 PM »
Hi Guys, sorry if this is a really stupid question but I am really struggling.
I have a 5v Laser Cross hair I am trying to turn on and off in Mach3. I have connected it to +5v and pin 14 on port 2 of my BOB. I have setup "OUTPUT#1" to reflect this and when I change the Active Low state the Laser does indeed turn on and off but for the life of me I cannot work out how to activate the output from the Mach3 screenset.
I am using Big Tex' blue screenset and there is a button on this "Laser On" but I really can't find how to set it up.

Please help I have very little hair left :(

Regards

Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Outputs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:37:22 PM »
If the button is a VB button (most likely is) then you can enter the VB script in it to set your output.
To see if it is a VB button go to Operator menu then Edit Button Scripts. All of the VB buttons will be flashing, if it is flashing then click it and the editor will open to allow you to type your VB script.
To use it as a toggle for on/off for the output you have selected the script required would be

If GetOEMLED(852) Then
DeActivateSignal(OutPut1)
Else
ActivateSignal(OutPut1)
End If

Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 04:58:30 PM »
Hi Hood,
There were no flashing buttons :( but.......
I took your code and created an m1s file and that works a treat. At least until I can get a reply from Big Tex I can use it.

Thanks very much for such a prompt reply and if you ever want to move down to Warrington so I can batter your head even more be my guest  :P

Regards

Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 04:30:25 AM »
I looked for that screenset so that I could look at the button type but seems it is a paid for screen.

Thanks for the offer but it would be too warm way down south for me :D

Hood