Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:34:31 AM

Author Topic: emergency mode active error  (Read 6003 times)

emergency mode active error
« on: December 26, 2015, 02:06:35 PM »
I hope someone has a quick fix for my problem.  I know this community is so knowledgeable.  I have a home built CNC using NEMA 23 motors, a Gecko 540 board with a Smoothstepper, and Mach3 software.  The machine has been working very well for a year.  When I try to home it or hit any keyboard key, it trips to the emergency mode active.  The motors are shut down.  It won't reset in the current or future session of Mach3.  It will only reset when I shut down the control panel, turn the control panel back on and restart Mach3. 

I have made sure all of my 110 volt wires are not crossed with any motor wiring and have reset the Smoothstepper twice.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this problem? Since it trips when I hit any key on the keyboard, I think the Smoothstepper is not responding correctly, but I could be wrong. 

Thanks so much for your assistance. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: emergency mode active error
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 02:24:51 AM »
If your machine has been working correctly and you have not made any changes to it then there is a chance that a corrupt .xml file is causing the current problem.
There is a Mach3 sub folder ‘xmlbackups’ – try choosing an earlier backup (preferably before the problem started), rename it with the .xml extension and copy this to your Mach3 folder. Restart Mach3.
If this does not cure the problem then perhaps ask you question on the Warp9 forum http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/kunena/index where I am sure they will have more suggestions for you to try.

Tweakie.

n.b. I have removed your other post as duplication of same topic postings just diversifies response and is not helpful.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 11:31:03 AM »
Tweakie,

You are a genius!  Thanks so very much for your help. This worked!    I recently had backed up all of my files on an external drive  which is actually the last time that the machine worked.  Maybe this corrupted the current C drive file.  I replace my C drive file with the external drive file copy.

Sorry  for posting in more than one location.  I don't always know where to post. 

Thanks again! 
KC
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:35:53 AM by katcreek »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 12:30:22 PM »
I am pleased you have it sorted.  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE