Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:47:13 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 reinstallation  (Read 1724 times)

Mach3 reinstallation
« on: December 26, 2015, 08:18:31 AM »
The PC on my CNC plasma cutter is becoming more and more unreliable, stopping when it feels like and just getting very slow. I would like to purchase an SSD hard drive to speed things up and reinstall mach 3. The profile was designed by the company I bought the system from but the warrantee has run out and support is quite expensive so I would like to reinstall everything myself. I have the licence file and believe all I need to do is transfer that to the new mach3 folder. Im aware I need to copy the old .set file and .xml file. Is there anything else I need to transfer ? I can take screen shots of the configuration to ensure they are OK. but not sure what else is needed.   

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 reinstallation
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 04:15:47 AM »
The only other things, beside .set and .xml, to back-up (if you use them) are Macro's and Brains. Personally, I make a complete copy of the Mach3 folder (just in case).

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Mach3 reinstallation
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:12:44 AM »
Thanks for that, I have already taken a backup of the folder so that will be a nice little job for me between Christmas and new year while the shop is closed.

Colin