Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:28:56 AM

Author Topic: parallel port timeout  (Read 1788 times)

parallel port timeout
« on: December 20, 2015, 01:02:48 AM »
I am currently running a demo version of MACH4 using a parallel port driver. I am about to purchase the software but I am having a problem. I am generating Gcode that is less than 500 lines and while running the code my machine just stops. it may stop on line 130 and the next time it stops on line 300 of the code. when it stops I loose control of the machine. I can move anything on the X.Y. or Z axis. the only way I can move the axises is if I completely restart MACH4.

Can someone tell me what could possibly be happening? Is it a parallel port setting that i need to change or something?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: parallel port timeout
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 02:59:22 AM »
Sounds like that is just Mach4 (Darwin ?) timing out because it is not a licensed version - nothing to do with parallel port settings or the number of lines of code.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: parallel port timeout
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 06:03:00 AM »
remember the demo versions are just that.... to give you a demonstration of how they work not to give you perfect cut parts.... the idea is that you've seen you've got a working setup so buy the licences.
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”