Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:44:31 AM

Author Topic: New ATC screen  (Read 4676 times)

New ATC screen
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »
I am wanting to make an ATC screen.  I want to start off by making a button that will operate my OUTPUT7 with a push of the button on the screen.  The button will activate OUTPUT7 stay active until I push the button on the screen, at which time the OUTPUT7 will shut off.  Next to that OUTPUT7 I want an LED to flash to tell me that OUTPUT7 is working.  I do have a brain setup for OUTPUT7 in my M1071 to turn it on and M1070 to turn OUTPUT7 off.  Once I see how to make it work I can figure out the rest of them.

Thanks for help,

Jeff

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New ATC screen
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 11:38:58 AM »
Assuming I understand your requirements - If you have created an on screen button then pasting in this script will enable Output7 to be activated / deactivated with alternate button presses. In your screen designer add the led and link it to output#7.

If IsOutputActive(OUTPUT7) Then    ‘Check to see if its on
DeActivateSignal(OUTPUT7)                 ‘Its on so turn it off
Else
ActivateSignal(OUTPUT7)               ‘Its off so turn it on
End If

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:07:41 PM »
Tweakie,  Yes I am trying to make an ATC screen.  I am starting off by making this one, really two buttons to see how to do it.  I will call the Button Carousel Retract, and then another one beside it will be called Carousel Extend.  The OUTPUT 7 Is going to be linked to this button.  In the previous post I said, that I already have OUTPUT 7 working so that I can shut it on and off with M1071 to turn it ON and M1070 to turn it OFF.  I am really not to up to speed on this so bare with me here.  From what I gather from your reply what you wrote was a small Macro that runs the button?  Will the  Marco or command that you replied with work for how I described it?  Air pressure is always going to the RETRACT side of the air solenoid when power is off, and when EXTEND mode is on the air solenoid is on.  I am not sure that matters but I am trying to give as much information as possible so that I don't create bad information form someone way smarter than myself on this.

I am trying to understand this but once I got it I'll be good.

Thanks for the help

Jeff
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 01:10:45 PM »
Tweakie,  I will even have to figure out how to make the button to assign that macro script to it.  That will not be easy for me.  Is there any tutorial that I may be able to watch to learn how to do this?

Jeff
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 09:27:36 PM »
Tweakie, I got it to work!!!  That is so cool how that works.  I just have to add the LED to the button and I will be off and running.  I think I will run into a snag when it comes to making the one for OUTPUT7 because it is not in the OEM codes.  I made the one button for OUTPUT4.  I am going to keep plugging away in hopes to make a nice ATC screen.

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 01:34:19 AM »
Sounds like you are well on your way Jeff. Lots to learn but it's all justified by the result.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE