Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:46:31 AM

Author Topic: Issue with Motor Mapping not showing up  (Read 1845 times)

Issue with Motor Mapping not showing up
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:50:48 AM »
Hello All -

I'm new to this board and a couple days new to mach4. I have been running mach3 for a couples years though. However, I'm having trouble setting up my machine to the new system.
This is going to sound like such a simple question but in the axis mapping and motor tuning section there are no "motor" selections being offered. I've been watching the tutorials on how to set up my ESS
and each has shown a dropdown selection option available.

I guess my question is does this selection automatically appear when Mach4 is picking up the attached motors. Or is this something I have to manually input somewhere to get started?

Any help would be great.

Thank you,
Re: Issue with Motor Mapping not showing up
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »
detailed walk through youtube here (thanks to Daz).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIE0k6mu2yc&feature=youtu.be
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
motor 0 = x axis, motor1 = y axis, motor 2 = z axis, motor4 = A axis, motor5 = b axis =, motor6 = c axis

you have to do the settings in the ESS config first before you map it to mach4, also you have to do a restart after setting the setting's.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 01:55:18 PM »
Oh.... have you installed the plugin for the ESS.... if so then when you click on the assignment of pins one of the options will be the ESS
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 08:09:04 PM »
Thanks everyone I got it. I was using that exact tutorial but the problem I was having was simply a miss assignment on one of the pins.

Thank you All