Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:29:36 AM

Author Topic: Outputs  (Read 4965 times)

Outputs
« on: November 26, 2015, 04:38:00 AM »
Maybe a dumb question, but I'm a beginner

How to activate in Mach3 avaible outputs?

I know how to activate spindle output by M03-M04-M05 or coolant output M07-M08-M09, but there some other outputs that I don't know how to activate.

Please help, and thanks in advance

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Outputs
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 07:36:21 AM »
With a macro, or custom M code. You can activate macros with onscreen buttons.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 07:49:46 AM »
Hi guys, I am new here in this forum. But I'm beginning to feel completely stupid. I configured ports, inputs, outputs and everything as described in various manuals and videos. The problem is that the prgrammed outputs, either by M3, 4 and 5 as well as the ones set by macros are working fine (blinking when activated) on the diagnostic screen while I'm running my G-code. but on no pin on the breakout board is anything happening! What the hell is wrong with it. It's a brans new board, so I doubt that anything is wron with it. THe board is connected via USP port. All inputs when activated by home switches for example are fine. The LED's are switching on and the inputs are visible on the display screen. Any ideas??? Please Help!!! Thanks Karl

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 08:01:06 AM »
Hi guys, I am new here in this forum. But I'm beginning to feel completely stupid. I configured ports, inputs, outputs and everything as described in various manuals and videos. The problem is that the prgrammed outputs, either by M3, 4 and 5 as well as the ones set by macros are working fine (blinking when activated) on the diagnostic screen while I'm running my G-code. but on no pin on the breakout board is anything happening! What the hell is wrong with it. It's a brans new board, so I doubt that anything is wron with it. THe board is connected via USP port. All inputs when activated by home switches for example are fine. The LED's are switching on and the inputs are visible on the display screen. Any ideas??? Please Help!!! Thanks Karl

I think your best plan would be to contact the manufacturer of your USB board to find out which pin is allocated (or recommended) for the spindle control (M3,4,5). Then make sure that pin (or pins) is / are correctly set-up within your plug-in's software.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 08:10:48 AM »
Wow, Karl. this was a lot to sort through.

Just saying stuff doesnt work, is not enough, please, give us 1 thing that is not working, then we can help you, please say what settings you have for that system. when we got that working lets move on to the next. this way we can help and you can learn.

quote*  but on no pin on the breakout board is anything happening! * what board is it and can we see a drawing of it?
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 01:09:24 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for your replies. Here is the link for the board that I have installed here:   https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-Axis-Stepper-Servo-Motor-Breakout_445923625.html     
OK Tweaky, here is what works: The outputs for the motors work fine (axes A,X,Y,Z) on connector J3. Also on J4 for the inputs all seems to be fine. Connectedare pin 5,7,9 as home switches, pin 10 - 13 (e-stop, torch on, up, down). But I checked the other pins on the board, like to change the pin numbers for THC to the other pins and the inputs still work all right (on the LED's on the board and the diagnose display). All pins set on port one.
But on J5, the pins 0-7 don't work. eventhough I set the pins on port 1 whatever number I want (1, 2-9, 14,16,17). First thing that bothered me was that the numbers on the board don't match the numpers of pins. So i checked them all nevertheless. This by testing them with ameter as well as connecting them to pin 15 on J4 (to see if the LED would lid). NOTHING!

The other config windows are like this:
Port Setup and axis selection the settings are: Port address: 0x378 and 0x278 (only port 1 enabled), Kernel speed 25000Hz. Nothing else checked in this window.
Encoder set up: Nothing used
Spindle set up: Spindle relays not disabled (output 3 +4), Mist and flood disabled, nothing else enabled that can be checked and no other changes were made to the other parameters here.
Mill Options: "Allow THC Up/Down Control even when not in THC Mode" and "Advanced Compensation Analysis" are checked. Nothing else is.

I think that is all in the ports and pin config. Any ideas?

Please let me know. Any help is really appreciated. This frustrating. I am fighting with this problem for more than a week now. Thanks in advance for your replies, Karl

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 09:02:55 PM »
Hi guys, I was hoping that I get a reply from you after I sent you the pronlems and configuration. I really need this going. Thanks Karl

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 01:55:59 AM »
If you attach your .xml file I will take a look.

The file is in your Mach3 folder named <your profile>.xml (typically Mach3Mill.xml) copy it then rename it to KarlJuettner.xml then use the reply / Additional Options tabs to attach it to your reply.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 02:32:30 AM »
Hi Tweaky.CNC, here attached the file. When I had a look at the outputs 7-9 in the file there are pins assigned, but not in the display when I open the configuration of outputs in Mach3. Does that have something to do with it? Thanks for your help, Karl

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 03:46:59 AM »
Hi Karl,

I have sent you a PM.

Tweakie.
PEACE