Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:15:02 PM

Author Topic: Xhc HB04 MPG Pendent with Mach4  (Read 78636 times)

Re: Xhc HB04 MPG Pendent with Mach4
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2018, 12:14:46 AM »
The wireless feature is handled in the hardware level and is entirely transparent. The driver is the same for the LHB04 (wired) and the WHB04 (wireless). IE. it works for both the wired and wireless versions of the HB04.
However, the WHB04B-4 and WHB04B-6 are entirely different and this driver/plugin will not work. IE. it does not work for any version of the HB04B
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2018, 06:14:32 AM »
I've installed the driver with my wireless pendant version and most of the defined buttons do what they're supposed to do. However, the jogging doesn't appear to use the values that are set in the config for the increments. That wouldn't be such a problem except that I'm working in metric and the increments sometimes come out in metric, and at other times in imperial. It's not really usable as it is unfortunately.

Is there any way you can make this work in Metric and also use the values set in the config? If not, I'll have to buy a different MPG as I have no idea what it's going to do when I turn the handle.
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2018, 06:42:44 AM »
After a bit more testing, I think I can see what it's doing.

If you just launch Mach4 and turn on the pendant, if the X-axis is selected for example, one click of the handwheel moves it whatever the increment is set in the config in inches, regardless of whether the machine is set to run in Metric or Inch. So if the first entry in the table is 1 then it moves 25.4mm!
If you then press the selection button on the pendant to change the increment, then it seems to move in different amounts, although they are 10x too small. ie 100 moves 0.01mm not 0.1mm

So for the moment, I've set all the values in the config to 0.001 so at least it doesn't drive off a huge distance if I don't change the increment on the pendant. It looks like at the very least there needs to be a better initialisation of the first increment because it's undefined at the moment and frankly dangerous.

Ideally, it should just read from the config table and take note of whether it's metric or imperial.

Any improvement would be most welcome. I don't need any clever functions, just for the basic ones to be rock solid.
Thanks,
Roger
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2018, 02:26:02 PM »
mkullman
Thanks so much for your driver. I finally got around to installing the wireless unit with your driver and it was easy as, nice clear instuctions!
The only problem i had was the Driver test.exe kept throughing errors but the pendant works so im stoked as i love it!
Did you ever figure out the bug causing the jog to be disabled onscreen without pressing MGP mode by any chance? Not that its a big deal! Thank you so much for your efforts! Love it!
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2018, 11:08:35 PM »
I've installed the driver with my wireless pendant version and most of the defined buttons do what they're supposed to do. However, the jogging doesn't appear to use the values that are set in the config for the increments. That wouldn't be such a problem except that I'm working in metric and the increments sometimes come out in metric, and at other times in imperial. It's not really usable as it is unfortunately.

Is there any way you can make this work in Metric and also use the values set in the config? If not, I'll have to buy a different MPG as I have no idea what it's going to do when I turn the handle.

It's been quite a while since I've been able to get back to home CNC projects but I was able to finally get the driver to install.  What was happening was that when I plugged in the HB04 I didnt realize that 4 devices were showing up in under the HID Section all with the device ID EB70.   Two were labeled "HID-Compliant-Vendor-Defined Device" these where the two devices that I was attempting to install the driver to.  What I failed to notice was that there were two other devices labeled "USB Input Device"  those also had the hardware ID EB70.  As soon as I tried to install the driver there, it worked as noted. 

Thanks again for creating this.

« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2018, 09:24:24 PM »
What are you guys doing on the Mach side to get it working?

I got a driver installed, but I'm not sure how to test it. I've activated the plug in on mach, but I'm getting no movement with jogging.
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2018, 05:21:55 AM »
If there isn't going to be any further development on the plugin, would you consider releasing the source so I can make some changes myself? At the moment it's unusable for my system due to the way it handles the jog increments (as detailed in earlier posts), something that I'm sure I can fix.
It's a shame to have the pendant and not be able to use it.
Thanks,
Roger
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2018, 11:43:46 PM »
So here is the deal.

I just started a new job and am still in the process of moving to another state.
My computer (with all the development files) is still in a wearhouse awaiting delivery to our new home, which we are still in the process of closing on.
Even if I had the develpment files and wanted to share them, I cannot.  I signed a non disclosure agreement with Artsoft in order to receive and use their API and therefore cannot share the source code as it refferences the API.

Since you seem confident that you can fix my plugin. I suggest you contact Artsoft and request the API, and perhaps write your own plugin. Even better, express your frustration to XHC for not supporting MACH 4.  Frankly I am getting tired of supporting thier product for free. I wrote this plugin for my machine which took me a long time to figure out. I was kind enough to share it and even went the extra mile to try to accomidate other versions of thier product. But right now I dont have the time, patience, or resources to be dealing with this right now.

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2018, 03:25:05 AM »
Notes about the current status of MPGs for Mach4:

1. I am using the XHC WHB04-L with mkullman's Mach4 driver - it works ok, still has bugs.
    XHC stopped production and discontinued this model.

2. The new model for Mach3 WHB04B-4 is 113USD directly from them - but we don't have a working driver for Mach4.

3. There are no other wireless USB MPGs on the market that I know of.

4. Soon, I will experiment with using a generic MPG with my Hicon Integra board and will update you how it works:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EU-ship-free-VAT-Emergency-stop-hand-wheel-Universal-CNC-Router-Hand-Wheel-4-Axis-MPG/32851570118.html
It should also work with SmoothStepper:
https://shane.engineer/blog/making-a-generic-pendant-work-with-mach-4
XHC has some wireless generic MPGs, but prices are much higher, the most basic model BWGP is 227USD.

5. Does anyone has good experience with vistacnc usb wired MPGs for Mach4? I can't find any reviews for it.

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2018, 08:03:56 AM »
Hi,
I use a VistaCNC P1A USB pendant. I seem to recall having a bit of of a battle to get it installed and working correctly buts
its been fine ever since.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'