Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:56:45 AM

Author Topic: Xhc HB04 MPG Pendent with Mach4  (Read 78652 times)

Re: Xhc HB04 MPG Pendent with Mach4
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2017, 03:07:11 PM »
Hi mkullman
Amazing work you have done for a lot of people thank you very much!
Question, i have no idea about programming etc but im thinking your driver would not work with XHCs new pendant as its wireless yes?
I need a pendant for Mach 4 and reviews of there new one look pretty good but only working with Mach 3 and the wireless would be handy. If this isnt possible i think i will use your driver and get the one you are using.
Thanks for any help :)
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2017, 07:02:21 PM »
mkullman,

I see from manufacturer's website that the drivers for LHB04 (wired) and WHB04-L (wireless) models are the same, so I bet your driver will also work with the wireless model.
Anyway, I appreciate your work and I'm willing to buy you the WHB04B model so you can adapt the plugin for it as well.
Product page: http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/eProduct/view_137_363.html

PM me if you are interested.

Notes:
1. Some info on how the XHC MPGs work is on the OpenXHC project (https://bitbucket.org/moonglow/openxhc)
2. Look at the manufacturer's home page http://www.cdxhctech.com/ they note that they provide DLL libraries to integrate some of their MPGs to custom Windows programs, maybe this can be used to write a new/better plugin for Mach4. (browse this download page, it's all here: http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/226.html)
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »
@Peter Knell
thanks for the kind remarks.
You are correct in assuming this driver does not work with the pictured pendant which is the XHC-WHB04B-4. However, it is not because of the wireless module. The newer XHC pendants use a different method for packing the binary data to/from the pendant. And yes, Zaidron, the LHB04 & WHB04 both work with this driver/plugin. (the wireless feature is handled in hardware and is totally transparent)
I have worked with another user to adapt my code to work with the WHB04B, but because I did not have the pendant in my hands, debugging was a nightmare (we exchanged well over 100 emails  :-\).
he ended up contacting Artsoft, signing NDA and finishing the development on his own. I never did hear wither he was successful. I just sent him an email asking if he succeed and if he is willing to share the result.

regarding your petition for reviews on other pendants, I request that you start a new thread for that so this one stays on topic.
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2017, 01:36:24 PM »
Thanks mkullman
Im sure a heap of users would love to hear from the guy you have been working with on this. I really need a pendant and im almost ready to pull the trigger on the one you have working but would love the wireless.
Not sure why XHC havent got there act together and released a Mach 4 one yet :(.
Anyway please let us know if your guy replys to your email. My email is Peter.r.knell@gmail.com.
And thanks again for your awesome work with the older XHC pendant.
Xhc HB04 MPG Pendent with Mach4
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2017, 10:24:14 PM »
Toolaa,
The two devices popping up is normal, I'm not sure why but I see it on every machine I've installed the MPG on, I've just added it to the list of odd practices from the developers of the MPG.

Did you try both the x86 & the x64 versions of the driver?
Are you plugged into the same USB port that you installed it on?
are you using a USB 2.0 port, I never tested it with a USB 3.0 port(I think it should work there)?

Assuming the MPG isn't malfunctioning or some windows 10 "security" update isn't interfering with the driver, I cannot think of anything else that it could be.
I'll dust off my project files here and see if anything has changed with Windows that might be causing this issue. beyond that I'm at a loss.Under the hood, the driver itself is pretty straight forward. It is just an INI file that tells windows to use microsoft's own WINUSB driver and attaches a name to it. There isn't much that can go wrong.

Oh... which HB04 exactly are you using?

mkullman,

Thanks for your reply.  I’ve been working quite long shifts the past week so this is my first chance to get back to solving this problem. 

I did try to install the x86 version of the driver, but it would install.  Only the x64 version would attempt to install.

Also I am trying to test in the same port that was used to try and install the driver.  This PC only has USB 2.0 ports.

Ive attached a photo of the error message.

The model of my pendant is XHC LGB04

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2017, 03:38:13 PM »
@Peter Knell
thanks for the kind remarks.
You are correct in assuming this driver does not work with the pictured pendant which is the XHC-WHB04B-4. However, it is not because of the wireless module. The newer XHC pendants use a different method for packing the binary data to/from the pendant. And yes, Zaidron, the LHB04 & WHB04 both work with this driver/plugin. (the wireless feature is handled in hardware and is totally transparent)
I have worked with another user to adapt my code to work with the WHB04B, but because I did not have the pendant in my hands, debugging was a nightmare (we exchanged well over 100 emails  :-\).
he ended up contacting Artsoft, signing NDA and finishing the development on his own. I never did hear wither he was successful. I just sent him an email asking if he succeed and if he is willing to share the result.

regarding your petition for reviews on other pendants, I request that you start a new thread for that so this one stays on topic.

I also would like to get in line for this! Just bought this pendant not fully understanding how if/how it would work with Mach4. Now I can't use it until the mfr or someone comes up with a driver. I can help with testing if needed

Offline slvm

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2017, 07:48:49 AM »
I believe I've had enough users test this that I am comfortable posting the driver here for all.

The attached Zip file contains the latest version of the plugin. ENJOY ;D

if you have any questions or issues, feel free to pm me

moderators, if you believe I should post this under another section of the forum, please advise.

God bless you Bro, and thanks for your work !!!
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2018, 02:09:23 AM »
Hey All,
I am trying to get my HB04 (wired) working with mach 3. I have tried several drivers but all I see is zeros like in
@Toolaa's post.

If you have a driver that is working for you please pass it along. I am on windows 10 running the latest mach3.

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2018, 02:37:23 AM »
If you have a driver that is working for you please pass it along. I am on windows 10 running the latest mach3.

This driver/plugin is for Mach4. XHC has a working driver/plugin for Mach3 that should work for you.
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2018, 12:16:19 PM »
I am using the driver found off this page: http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/eProduct/view_402.html
The machine has been rebooted a few times, it feels there is no data from mach3 getting to pendant via usb2 and usb3 ports.