Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:42:56 AM

Author Topic: Losing Zero  (Read 9247 times)

Offline bfgstew

•  91 91
  • DOH!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Zero
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »
Sorry for asking the obvious but you bought this as a ready to run unit? If so has it run ok from the start and then the problem arose or has it done this from day one? Have you done any alterations to it? Any details of the electronics (stepper drivers,PSU, etc) how is it connected to PC or is a built in unit? The more you can show and tell the better chance someone may find the problem. Another check the forum guys can do is look at your XML file, copy it from the Mach folder and post it on here.

Stewart

Offline russh

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 09:35:28 AM »
Hi Stewart,

It has done this from day one. I have made no modifications to it and ran the machine from the XML file the manufacture provided with the machine.

Let me gather all that information together with photos and list it out on the forum. I should be able to start taking photos later today.

Thanks again for you help

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 10:07:42 AM »
Hi Rusty,

If you could also post your .xml file - not the one sent with the machine but the one from your Mach3 folder - copy and rename it to say rusty.xml then post it using the Additional Options tab we can check your settings and see if we can spot a problem with your set-up.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline russh

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 10:37:10 AM »
Hi Tweakie

Will do, although the one I'm using in the Mach3 folder is indeed the one that came with the machine

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 11:19:57 AM »
Hi Tweakie

Will do, although the one I'm using in the Mach3 folder is indeed the one that came with the machine

Yes indeed sir, but the one in your Mach3 folder reflects your actual set-up (which may contain installation, accidental or other errors) and these (if any) are what we are trying to find.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 11:21:39 AM »
I had a very similar issue with my 1st lathe.

iirc, inverting the step signal and/or lengthening the duration solved it for me.

Russ