Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:23:47 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Not Allowing Multiple Codes Without Restarting  (Read 5590 times)

Re: Mach 3 Not Allowing Multiple Codes Without Restarting
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 02:17:15 PM »
No problem.

You don't need much... But if it's being hogged by temporary files it won't help

Extract from m3 / artsoft website
Software Requirements
Mach3 Minimum Recommended Requirements:
Requirements if using the parallel port for machine control:
Desktop PC (Laptops are not supported) with at least one parallel port
32-bit version of Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (64-bit versions will not work)
1Ghz CPU
512MB RAM
Non-integrated Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Requirements if using an external motion device for machine control:
An appropriate external motion controller (options can be found on the Plugins page)
Desktop or Laptop with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
1Ghz CPU
512MB RAM
Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 02:21:51 PM »
Can you post the Gcode files for testing ? Does it do it every time you try them ??

(;-) TP
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 02:23:23 PM »
What operating system are you using?

What version of mach 3 are you using?
Version 0.62 is the recommended version...
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »
I do use a UC100 motion controller. In the past I have seen where the Mach will not detect the motion controller and require restart. However, I will see an error when that happens. Here is something else that was strange. I upgraded the lights in my shop several months back and caused me all kinds of damn issues. It was so bad I had to take the lights down. Lol. But this problem has kinda stuck around since the lights removed.

It does this on every second code if that makes sense. Meaning from every restart it will be the second pass always.

Question, if I run my first pass and let gantry come back to zero. Should I be able to move z position up and down for bit change? My thinking is yes I should be able to. This is when it goes to crap. Let's just say I'm using a compression bit. I can do both passes and will not have a problem. It's only when I manually move z up to change bit for second pass. If I use same bit like a compression it's fine.

I know that is confusing. Just really trying to explain problem. Tired of dealing with it.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »
Using Windows 8 but  I would have to check to be sure on the version of Mach.
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »
Are you running the latest uc100 plugin?
http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html
Rob

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 03:08:12 PM »
Don't forget the uc100 is a USB device and usb does not like noise or electrical interference.

Check your cable routing.

Check your earthing and any ground loops....

I have not had a uc100 but I have had a USB smooth stepper and that was a right royal pain in the rear until you realise what you have to do to get it to run...

Basically it needed a stand alone electrically isolated 5v supply, and you needed to make sure any bob you used was isolated from the casing and PC.

This may be part of your problem if it was part of your lighting replacement (don't know for certain, just a guess and something to consider... May be worth a read of the uc100 manual)

Do you use a breakout board for the uc100... If so what does it look like (photo?) Or do you know what it is.   May need some photos of your cabinet setup too.

Someone else may know the uc100 well and have ideas

Rob
Rob

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 04:32:01 PM »
Hey Rob,

I use the C35 board from CNC4PC. I just feel that it's something simple Because it's been working for so long.

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »
Simple...

I'd run ccleaner.
I'd post your XML file
I'd post the gcode file
I'd check the USB cable routing
I'd check you are using mach3 version 062
I'd check what version of the plugin you are using

But the last two are sort of housekeeping as it worked fine before.

Rob
Rob

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 04:57:22 PM »
AHHH and outside controller AND you have probably created a giant Ground loop problem with your lighting rewiring. It seems the problems started with the relighting project ??

I sounds if though you are having COM LOSS issues over the USB.

(;-) TP