Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:29:49 PM

Author Topic: Mach3, LazyCam, Corel X5. Help please?  (Read 6308 times)

Re: Mach3, LazyCam, Corel X5. Help please?
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 08:01:07 AM »
Mach3 is set up in inches.  I did that when I configured it. It's the first thing on top of the "Config" flyout, right? When the box popped up the "Inches" button was selected by default. When I went through the remainder of setup, the sheet I had for the configuration was in mm, so I divided all the numbers for movement speed by 2.54... you know, 2000 becomes 787.
Do you think it would be a good idea to re-configure to mm?
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 08:05:22 AM »
???

Do you not just prefix your gcode with G20 is the code / drawing is in inches and g21 if it's in mm and the machine will work it out for you

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 10:26:44 AM »
As mentioned, Rob, I'm new at all this and I'm not familiar with the syntax... so, is that something I manually add to the beginning of the code after it's posted to Mach3... which is what it sounds like you're telling me? And thank you for that.
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »
Normally you setup a post processor file, and within that it would define the units scale the drawing object is defined in so when you load the gcode file the machine will automatically rescale it..
... That's the way sheetcam works ... As I sometimes draw in metric and sometimes in imperial (think of it as coordination tolerance... Depends what I want to coordinate with)

Lazycam... Not sure... But here may be a way you insert a standard header so you can define the gcode units there.

If not... Edit the gcode in a text editor (I use notepad ++ as it does other things... Tabs... Plus able to do code with highlighted text...) And just insert your scale at the start.

There may also be a setting in lazycam for your units.... Where you tell it you want to draw in metric or imperial (sorry I don't know lazycam at all... Tried failed)

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 10:46:40 AM »
Rob

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 10:48:29 AM »
As can this one (its actually taken from the m3 gcode manual)
http://machmotion.com/cnc-info/g-code.html

Rob
Rob

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »
Holy cow! Both links saved to favorites. Thank you Mr. Spark. Live long and prosper!