Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:37:02 PM

Author Topic: Showing selected axis  (Read 11776 times)

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: Showing selected axis
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 03:14:26 PM »
I've just ordered one so I can have a play, I do love my toys :-)

DazTheGas
You will not regret it. It is a really good pendant. Very cost effective for what you can do.
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 03:37:50 PM »
i see it updating fine, just don't seem to get the dro's and buttons to follow the logic
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
Don't buy the ShuttleXpress... can't seem to get mine to work in M4 (despite loading the Contour driver)

Bit of a daft question.... what is the difference between the Contour Shuttle Pro http://ergo.contour-design.com/ergonomic-mouse/shuttlepro-v2

And the XHC Shuttle.... https://www.sinjoe.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=210

the reason why I ask is because the XHC Pendant (WHB04-L)runs off a dll called a "shuttlePro.dll" file.... hence was not sure if some clever Chinese had hacked / cloned the Contour Shuttle Pro driver (as far as M3 was concerned) and if the XHC Pendant will work in M4?

Thanks as always (sorry have a habit of going off topic... its not intended).

I like the VistaCNC offerings... but they are pricey in the UK by the time the shipping + TAX man has had his cut (+ customs clearance handling fee!)
http://www.vistacnc.com/
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=vistaCNC&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XvistaCNC+mach4.TRS0&_nkw=vistaCNC+mach4&_sacat=0

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 04:17:39 PM »
V2 pro with next day del £65. The xhc doesn't say anything about mach4 though,

Short messages from me tonight, on the 1 finger iPad again.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 04:23:55 PM »
Have to think that 2788 is not working with the shuttle pro, only shuttle pro jog setup and button selection seems to work.

Lot of changes in the shuttle pro setup options with the last versions.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 04:27:05 PM »
That wasn't bad Daz, I just went with a pro myself... but I kind of like the rotary encoder idea too....

Hence have thought about using an Arduino Micro and running a keyboard clone via USB and getting a few buttons to replicate an axis change arrangement, start stop stop etc, then feed a 4 wire rotary encoder back to two pins on the ESS.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/MouseKeyboard
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-manual-pulse-generator-RGT600-001-100B-24C-24V-hand-encoder-handwheel-collector-NPN-output-24V/32380345797.html
(they do a 5V one too!!!   My bob is 24v)

but then I like the package of the contour shuttle (and have used the Xpress a lot in M3 with a long USB lead and the plasma to jog axis etc).

Not a fan of wireless esp with electrical noise and a plasma.

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 04:27:55 PM »
Have to think that 2788 is not working with the shuttle pro, only shuttle pro jog setup and button selection seems to work.

Lot of changes in the shuttle pro setup options with the last versions.

M4 = 2 steps forward.... one back?
Rob

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 07:48:51 PM »
It works fine.  In 2788, the way MPGs are handled internally is different.  Now there is the concept of encoders that plugins can "export".  And there is a new tab on the Mach config labeled "MPG" of all things.  :)  In that tab, the user can associate a Mach MPG (12 to choose from) to an encoder from any device.  %max vel and %max accel are there as well as reversing the direction. 

For many of you, if you had script based setup of the MPGs, then that stuff will need to go away.

The shuttle plugin exports 1 encoder.  The center wheel.  Additional button functions were added to allow the MPG axis selection as well.  One thing to note is that MPGs are separate than regular jogs.  The MPG axis can be selected independently of the jog axis.  Currently, there is not a way to select both the MPG axis AND the jog axis with one button function.  Not sure how to handle that at the moment. 

My setup is as follows:

MPG#1 -> /Shuttle0/InnerWheelCount, 1 count per detent, accel% 25, velocity% 35, reversed.

The first 4 buttons in the top row of the shuttle pro are:
1.  MPG1 Select X
2.  MPG1 Select Y
3.  MPG1 Select Z
4.  MPG1 Select A

The MPG increment is the current jog increment by default. 

So all I do is press one of my 4 buttons to select the desired axis and start dialing away on the wheel.  And it works really well.  I wish the detents were a little more noticeable on the shuttle, but it is what it is...

MPG#0 is configured to another MPG, so that is why I used MPG#1 for the shuttle.

Steve
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »
I have an XHC pendant and the dll file is not the same as the contour dll..... and the XHC pendant does not work with Mach4 and who knows if it ever will.... I like how the pendant works on Mach3 because of the cnc style mpg they use as apposed to the one on the contour.... but not having a pendant has been one of the limitations for me and Mach4 so I picked up a used contour shuttlepro off ebay the other day for $20.... thought that was a pretty good deal.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 11:09:23 PM »
robertspark you can use a arduino to make a pendant you can do it through modbus or keyboard emulation sinces you can assign any key to do whatever you wont in M4. a better option is a tennsy 3.2 or LT they have native support for keyboards or mouse and the liburys for it run a lot faster than the Arduino one`s. I have one for my wheelchair mouse.