Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:24:40 AM

Author Topic: No movement from ESS plugin  (Read 6664 times)

Re: No movement from ESS plugin
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »
That will work for me.  Is there a specific handle I will need to get for the Estop?  I have only worked with Input # and Output#. 
Chad Byrd

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »
ISIG_EMERGENCY is the signal for estop

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 12:22:48 AM »
Thought it'd be better to add to this thread than start a new one.

I'm having the same problem with no movement from ESS plugin.  I've read this thread carefully and checked all my settings and reverted my Mach4 back to 2686 but still can't figure out where the problem lies.

I've attached my Machine.ini file in case any of you have a chance to check it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm very excited about Mach4 and had taken my setup process as far as motion, motor calibration, and ATC solenoid output functions, but now I've messed things up somehow.

Leo

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 12:37:36 AM »
first thing it comes up that you have your own screen set what makes it a bit harder.
it looks ok have you tried unticking the Estop active state
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 12:48:49 AM »
Thanks very much for checking it out, blockhead.

The screenset is an unchanged copy of the screens from Mach4 2763.   Perhaps that's a mistake to try the screens from 2763 while running 2686?

In some attempts I've seen the "E-Stop is cleared" message but still no motion.  I'm not sure which place you're referring me to in order to uncheck the E-stop: ESS config, Mach config, diagnostics screen?

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 01:00:53 AM »
ESS config, if it's ticked untick or the other way around that can be the fault on some set up's
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 01:35:18 AM »
Something worked!

I tried every configuration of the E-stop settings in the ESS config and Mach config.  Nothing worked until I tried starting up Mach3 which works.  Then Mach4 started working again!

I shutdown the computer and control box and restarted to see if Mach4 would keep working without first having to start Mach3 and it did!

I really appreciate your quick responses blockhead.  It got me on the right track even if I'm still not sure where I went wrong in the first place.

Cheers!

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 01:42:49 AM »
it would off been the estop and the ESS hanging, quite often if something is set wrong like the E stop the ESS hanges and the only way to clear it is to disconnect its power or boot up M3.

if it happens again have a look in task manager to see if it is still running if it is kill the power to the ESS and restart M4.

the next plugin should stop this problem, it should be out by xmas day
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:45:15 AM by blockhead »
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2015, 01:50:52 AM »
Ah ok thanks - I'll definitely try that out the next time I mess things up.

My previous attempts before my initial post involved loads of restarting both my control box with the ESS and the PC but nothing worked.  I have a habit of shutting down Mach4 before powering off the ESS and I wonder if Mach4 is saving the ESS settings/registers/flags between sessions and reloading them again.

After your replies I started watching out for the status of connections in the ESS diagnostics window which I think will also help for the next time I get myself stuck.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:54:27 AM by Durero »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 01:52:53 AM »
yep it will be a good idea,