Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:19:48 AM

Author Topic: Please help, Chinese eBay purchase!!  (Read 3706 times)

Please help, Chinese eBay purchase!!
« on: October 23, 2015, 02:43:31 PM »
Hi
Yes I bought a 3 axis 3040T-DQ CNC router from eBay,!

The instructions are next to useless and certainly not in anything resembling English.
I have assembled it, I think and loaded Mach 3 from the Internet as the disc supplied would not open. My issue is trying to set up home stops, I also a component "left over" it is a round disc like object with a single Jack  plug and crock clip, I can find no reference anywhere in the instructions as to what it is, I assume it could be a home stop or similar.
Any help would be brilliant particularly if there is a user in the UK that I could phone for advice, email address is: Rush.den@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Paul

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Please help, Chinese eBay purchase!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 07:22:12 AM »
Paul,
 Suggest the following:

1. Have a read of the Mach3 manual to understand how to configure Mach for using switch's.

2. I can't advise anything /  won't  on the Chinese controller other than you need to find what is used for what.
    Maybe someone who has gone thru the task can give you specifics on that controller.
    ( Sorry, but I have been there, done that, trying to help some local lad's and just will not waste my time no more on the Chinese junk.)

RICH
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 03:13:53 AM »
Paul,

Have you got a photo of your controller?

I am trying to help someone else and failing miserably (he can't seem to get the LPT port setup.  I'm on holiday at the moment but I can try to help.

The round disc with a crocodile clip sounds like a tool length offset setting tool

How far have you got?

There seems to be a few variants of the controllers about hence photo of the front and rear would be useful.

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 05:11:05 AM »
Hi Paul

I am likely to be buying one of these myself soon, whilst browsing EBay I found this which might be of some use to you.

I agree about the translation it's hopeless but it might give you a better idea.

I should be able to be of more help when I get my own machine, I will probably replace the controller sooner or later due to just this sort of problem

Regards Mark
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 06:19:15 AM »
The problem that I had starting off with the other gentleman was the limit switch plug on the rear, the pinout does not seem defined anywhere, and looking at his XML file, he had his e-stop defined as pin 10... Which was the same as his x++/x-- limit switch pins....

After giving him some advice and some mcodes to try to define the other pins (establish the other output pins other than 2,3(xaxis),4,5(xaxis), 6,7(zaxis)... And try to establish the input pins it transpired that he was getting no movement dispite dros moving etc....  Hence it was time to check that he had the right port address for the LPT port (which is an addin card as the PC came without an LPT port)

And that is where it has rested (since last week...)

It would be so much easier setting up a Mach workshop in the Northwest (UK) as it would take minutes to get the basic setup sorted.

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 07:49:28 AM »
It would be so much easier setting up a Mach workshop in the Northwest (UK) as it would take minutes to get the basic setup sorted.

Sounds like you are talking yourself into a little project there Rob.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 08:06:15 AM »
Hi Rob

I agree about A Mach workshop these sort of things usually require some old fashioned dabbing about with a multimeter very difficult by remote control but easy enough if you've got it in front of you.

You say this printer port is on an add in card, these usually require a driver which may need to be installed manually, especially if he's running XP as you can't get anything from MS.

This may not be the cause of his problem but it's worth checking.

Regards Mark
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 08:55:55 AM »
Hi
Yes I bought a 3 axis 3040T-DQ CNC router from eBay,!

The instructions are next to useless and certainly not in anything resembling English.
I have assembled it, I think and loaded Mach 3 from the Internet as the disc supplied would not open. My issue is trying to set up home stops, I also a component "left over" it is a round disc like object with a single Jack  plug and crock clip, I can find no reference anywhere in the instructions as to what it is, I assume it could be a home stop or similar.
Any help would be brilliant particularly if there is a user in the UK that I could phone for advice, email address is: Rush.den@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hey Paul,
  How many cables/wires connect from the machine to the control box..... if theres only 3 or 4  4pin plugs my guess would be there are no home/limit switches so you would have to set mach3 to home in place or add the switches to the machine. This is just a guess though. might be helpful to put up a picture or two of the machine.

Dave
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 03:43:45 PM »

Sounds like you are talking yourself into a little project there Rob.  ;)

Tweakie.

Haha, I'd be happy to help.

Don't think there's enough localish interest (maybe wrong though), I'm no expert but if my long painstaking hours can help someone else out I'm happy to help.

Rob
Rob