Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:03:04 AM

Author Topic: Continuous run program  (Read 1888 times)

Offline DAS

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Continuous run program
« on: October 25, 2015, 07:44:33 PM »
I want to machine the lower half of an ellipiese  in a plate of aluminum I have the code for 2 passes  one pass in the x- direction then adds .025 in the y direction and and then back in the x direction  then it needs to add another .025 rewind and start over and repeate the same code.is there a M or G code that will allow mw to make my passes and just keep adding my.025 when the code rewinds. If the y DRO could be zeroed out each time the code rewinds it would work. the way it is now when it repeats it just goes back over where it has already machined  it needs to keep adding the .025 in the y axis every time it repeats.  I would rather have a code that repeats it self   the  ellipse is 8 inches long has 85 lines of code per pass and y is 18 inches   that's a lot of code.  can it be done   

DAS

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Continuous run program
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 09:06:01 PM »
YEP Gcode sub programming with parameters

(;-) TP

Offline DAS

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Re: Continuous run program how to stop it when done
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 10:17:04 PM »
Thanks   found it in a previous post by HOOD     SetOemDro(801,0) Worked great

Thanks

Now is there a way to stop the program say after it runs for  16 inches in the y travel  we have no way to count the inches because the DRO resets itself back do zero in the G code to keep the program running continuously.  is there a way to count the total amount of code lines run. so say it runs 10,000 lines of code or rewinds itself say 2000 times or run s for 4 HRS that it knows when to stop.  an external limit switch?  naa that's too easy

Thanks DAS

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Continuous run program
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 11:01:47 PM »
Yes it can count inches as you ONLY reset teh work coord not the machine coords, Yes you can count teh Sub loops. and you can even count lines.

I think you are just talking to yourself (;-)