Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:48:52 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 utter bollox  (Read 2221 times)

Mach 3 utter bollox
« on: October 18, 2015, 10:23:47 AM »
a couple of questions.
1, why cant I use MDI after running a program? I have to shut Mach 3 down and restart it.
2, why when I use single block on a program (1st run, checking moves are correct) the poxy system doubles up a value and shoots of in whatever direction of the addition
3, there must be better alternatives out there, anyone got a recommendation? ive had enough of this product!
Re: Mach 3 utter bollox
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 11:26:19 AM »
The expeience of so many others differs from yours that one must suspect something wrong with your setup.
1. Works fine here
2. Dunno, I don't do that as I've found that my machine does exactly as in my CAD/CAM's simulation so I know moves will be correct.
3. Learn how to configure & use the Linux based CNC software, can't help there as Mach3 works perfectly for me.

Are you running an evaluation or licensed product downloaded from the official site?
If you are then there's something at your end that's different than mine as it works and runs fine here ;-)
Best Regards,
Nick

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
3, ... ive had enough of this product!

so why should somebody give answers for 1. and 2.

regards Thomas
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 11:42:08 AM »
He was online when I replied and obviously went elsewhere when a sensible reply was forthcoming, perhaps he's looking at the Linux forum?
;-)
Nick

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 12:00:36 PM »
3, there must be better alternatives out there, anyone got a recommendation? ive had enough of this product!

Hi Wayne,

I am truly sorry that you are having problems but I suspect you need to spend more time reading the manuals, watching the video's and checking your setup, PC settings, etc. in order to get Mach3 working correctly with your machine - as much as we would all like it to be Mach3 is not Plug'n'Play it does take some effort.

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 02:23:09 PM »
Sounds like several of Arts agravators showed up . Might want to check his license file (;-).

(;-) TP