Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:46:08 PM

Author Topic: 2.5d probe technique  (Read 3079 times)

2.5d probe technique
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »
Can anyone please help me find the sterling style 2.5d probing plug in for mach3?.  Or info on any style plugin for mach3 that will first probe the perimeter of a part then digitize the surface of said part  within the perimeter only.   not like the digitize wizard in mach3 that the perimeter is set in a  generic square pattern.  I'm currently digitizing a very large half moon shape and the square perimeter is way too much wasted time that is unnecessary.  Any help would be great   Thanks  
Re: 2.5d probe technique
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »
here is a link to a video of what I'm looking for  :)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9skopcbhurU
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 02:15:57 PM »
PM the man himself, let us know what we should do.  Seems like an awesome plug in!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 02:49:44 PM »
i HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT HIM  I HAVE GOTTEN NO RESPONSE   ???     I'M CURRENTLY WORKING WITH  CRAFTY CNC   AND THEIR OUTER PERIMETER PROBING ROUTINE.  IT WORKS GREAT.   BUT I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SAVE THE Z AXES PROFILE ALONG WITH THE X-Y  IN A .DXF  THIS WAY I CAN PROBE AT Z 0  THEN RAISE THE Z AND RUN AGAIN TO THEN CREATE A 2.5 D  PROFILE  WITH LESS WASTE OF PROBING.    ANY THOUGHT ON THIS.  ANYONE  :)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »
There are bugs in Mach3 that cause his probing macro's to not work correctly. Because of that, he no longer has them available.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 04:09:04 PM »
OK  THAT WAS THE ANSWER I WAS NOT HOPING FOR BUT I ASSUMED THAT MIGHT BE WHY.    ANY THOUGHTS ON PROB-IT   AND THAT PLUG IN/    I USE IT NOW WITH NO ISSUES TO DATE.  BUT IT ONLY DOSE ONE LINE IN XZ AND OR XY PLANES WITH THE NEW VERSION.  IS IT POSSIBLE TO WRITE A PLUG IN THAT CAN WORK FOR ME  OR EVEN JUST A GCODE/MCODE  THAT WILL PROBE AND SAVE ALL 3 AXES? POINTS   IF I COULD RUN A PERIMETER ROUTINE AND MANUALLY ADJUST THE Z THAT WOULD WORK WELL FOR ME ALSO.  OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING  ?   
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 04:28:21 AM »
With ProbeIt, run your perimeter routine, writing to a DXF. When finished with the perimeter, DO NOT CLOSE THE FILE.
Now change to the Surface X/Z page and do your surface probing. The Z data will be written to the original DXF. Now you can close the DXF, and view as 3D in your CAD.
I use Probeit for edgefinding, centering, bore and post indicating, confirming tram and lots more. Best $30 ever.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »
ALL THE X Y Z WERE SAVED FROM JUST RUNNING THE PERIMETER ROUTINE X-Y     WHEN I RAISED THE ZED.  PROB IT DID SAVE THAT MOVEMENT ALSO  :)  MY PROBLEM WAS MY 3D SOFTWARE COULDN'T READ IT  NOW I NEED A DXF TO STL FILE CONVERTER TO CONVERT THE FILE TO OPEN IN V CARVE PRO   OR I NEED TO UPGRADE  SOFTWARE   :-X