Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:59:33 AM

Author Topic: e-stop assign to 5 pins  (Read 3618 times)

e-stop assign to 5 pins
« on: October 06, 2015, 02:16:27 PM »
I have 5 leadshine em806 stepper drivers. They work great. I have wired their alarm/fault signal ( if stepper looses step driver goes in to fault condition) on pin34 pin36 pin38 pin 40 and pin42. They set as input and mach3 plugin pokeys mapping they are signed to estop input. Now, if more then one of these pins are signed to e-stop function not working. If for example estop marked only at pin34 mach goes to estop when driver enables fault signal.so my question is what can i do in order to use this function to work on rest of the 4 pins?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: e-stop assign to 5 pins
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 02:25:00 PM »
The best option is to use the macro functionality in Mach3 to join input states and forward this to Mach3 as emergency.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:37:26 PM »
Thank you. And how can i do that? I have tried assigned pin36 to oemtrigger2 in system hotkey oemtrigger refers to a brain which a simple input pass signal estop. But doesn't work

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 03:07:54 PM »
You should map all those inputs to free Mach3 IO signals, then use these in Brain to trigger the estop.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 03:13:36 PM »
Ok i am not in shop now butvi remember i have seen these mach I/O till 100. Could you pls tell me a little mor details about how to use them ibhave the brain i can write simple vbscript, but don't really know what is this mach i/0

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 11:47:33 PM »
I haven't really used the Brains, so apologize me for being wrong. It appears that Mach3 I/Os are not accessible in Brains.
I would suggest you to use the mapping to free OEM LEDs, then use these in Brains (custom OEM LED # can be entered in Brains).
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 06:24:32 AM »
Ok thanks Neoto. I will try that. By the way, poexbusre relay board finally working. I have wired it to different power supply and now doesnt turns pc off. Also machine status light working with a macropump.