Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:04:11 PM

Author Topic: Best digitizing kit?  (Read 3927 times)

Best digitizing kit?
« on: September 23, 2015, 09:20:38 AM »
Can't seem to find an entire kit for mach3. I'd prefer quality over cheap parts(or a diy). I stay really busy and would prefer to buy the hardware/software already together and ready to go.
Thanks in advance, couldn't find on google

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
Re: Best digitizing kit?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:11:45 PM »
What do you mean by complete kit?

That link is for a complete probing head, which will need mounted in a spindle/holder.
I've got one of the earlier Deepgroove probing heads, and I can't complain about it. Very repeatable, and does what I need it to, regularly probing to better than 0.1mm accuracy. I've got it mounted on a dedicated probing machine, which there is a build thread for in the Show'n'Tell (Your Machines) board.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 10:20:40 AM »
Complete kit meaning all hardware and software.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »
No such thing that I know of. You buy all the pieces that you need and get with it.

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 11:34:31 PM »
Ok. Who makes the best Mach ditizing software and who makes the best digitizing probe for Mach? Just purchased a mill retrofitted with Mach, will be ordering the licence for the conversational tomorrow. I'll also be ordering a cad/cam program from the Mach site .
Also since I purchased this mill with a licensed copy do I still need to order my own licenced copy or is it transfered since I'm buying the machine and control?
Thanks in advance

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 01:47:28 AM »
Also since I purchased this mill with a licensed copy do I still need to order my own licenced copy or is it transfered since I'm buying the machine and control?

The official line is that the Mach3 license is non-transferrable. However this is not cast in stone and there are many instances where a transfer of license can be acceptable. Please use the contact form to contact licensing for full details. http://www.machsupport.com/contact-us/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
This is a nice piece of software / plugin I've found useful http://www.craftycnc.com/probe-it-wizard-mach3/

Another one is scanything (but it's not a probe software but camera scanner) http://www.sheetcam.com/Scanything/index

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 10:53:29 AM »
Probe-it or sterlins probing?  I like the idea of sterlins probing the parimeter and then only probing that area vs a set "box"
Anyone used both?