Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:53:29 PM

Author Topic: Homing  (Read 10432 times)

Homing
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:40:09 PM »
I've been digging through these forums and the Warp9 forums and nothing is appearing to be working for me. I have 4 axis on my machine, but only 3 of them require homing. The Y axis is a rotational axis and set to Home in Place. I can not use the A axis as the rotational because then I wouldn't be able to use G2 and G3 to create arcs. The issue I am having is the X and Z axis home wonderfully and back off the switches after they make contact. The A axis however does not. It moves to the switch like its supposed to, then just stops when it makes contact. All three switches are wired in series. It isn't a crappy switch issue either. When the A axis is moving, I have manually activated the X Home Switch (same circuit) and it still just stops. even if I hold the switch in. I have included my machine settings file. If anyone has any insight, it would be much appreciated.
Re: Homing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »
I have began trying to write my own sort of homing script. Homing each axis individually and swapping the Z and A axis in the middle (they are tuned the exact same). Everything starts out fine, but then the A axis moves in the wrong direction and clicking the homing switch doesn't stop the homing motion. I'm forced to hit the E-stop and restart everything. The script is as follows:

Code: [Select]
local inst = mc.mcGetInstance();

mc.mcAxisHome(inst, 2);

wx.wxMilliSleep(10);
mcState = mc.mcCntlGetState(inst);
while (mcState ~= mc.MC_STATE_IDLE) do
wx.wxMilliSleep(10);
end

mc.mcAxisSetPos(inst, 2, -0.25);

local motorIdA, rc = mc.mcAxisGetMotorId(inst, 3, 0);
local motorIdZ, rc = mc.mcAxisGetMotorId(inst, 2, 0);
mc.mcAxisUnmapMotor(inst, 2, motorIdZ);
mc.mcAxisUnmapMotor(inst, 3, motorIdA);
mc.mcAxisMapMotor(inst, 2, motorIdA);
mc.mcAxisMapMotor(inst, 3, motorIdZ);
mc.mcAxisEnable(inst, 2, true);
mc.mcAxisEnable(inst, 3, true);
mc.mcAxisSetHomeDir(inst, 2, -1);
mc.mcAxisSetHomeDir(inst, 3, -1);

mc.mcAxisHome(inst, 2);

wx.wxMilliSleep(10);
while (mcState ~= mc.MC_STATE_IDLE) do
wx.wxMilliSleep(10);
end

mc.mcAxisSetPos(inst, 2, -0.25);

mc.mcAxisUnmapMotor(inst, 3, motorIdZ);
mc.mcAxisUnmapMotor(inst, 2, motorIdA);
mc.mcAxisMapMotor(inst, 3, motorIdA);
mc.mcAxisMapMotor(inst, 2, motorIdZ);
mc.mcAxisEnable(inst, 2, true);
mc.mcAxisEnable(inst, 3, true);
mc.mcAxisSetHomeDir(inst, 2, -1);
mc.mcAxisSetHomeDir(inst, 3, -1);

mc.mcAxisHome(inst, 0);

mc.mcAxisSetPos(inst, 0, -0.25);
mc.mcAxisSetPos(inst, 1, 0);

mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait (inst, "G53 G90 G0 Z0.0000 X0.0000 A0.0000");
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:39:02 AM »
I have tried switching the homing order all around. Every time it gets hung up on the A axis trying to home. And i originally started with using DazTheGas's homing script, however that is where I first established the issue of the machine freezing up when it hits the A Axis homing switch. The entire issue revolves around the A axis and its homing.
I have also pulled out of the previous code just the remapping of the A motor to the Z axis and tried homing just that, but the issue appears to be that the machine thinks that axis is already homed, so it just travels in the opposite direction of the homing direction trying to "get off the switch". But there is no switch activated.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:22:26 AM »
Are you sure your homing direction is right?

Have you asked Warp9 about this issue? The homing is handled by the motion device.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 10:34:49 AM »
yes the homing direction is correct, and I have been working with Andy from Warp9 on their forums as well. Just making sure that I am covering all my bases. In case anyone has a work around over here as well.

It looks like I currently have Mach build 2472 and ESS build 130. I'll get those updated over the weekend and report back the results.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »
Good idea to update. Things are changing fast at the moment. There have been some issues with licensing in the earlier V2 versions and I think that is sorted now but if your not going to get to play with the machine until this weekend I would wait until then to update. I hope you get it sorted soon and imagine you will.

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 09:42:02 AM »
No luck...After the updates to Mach X2660 and ESS build 132, I am still having the same problems as before. I have retried everything I have listed above and am still not able to Home the A axis.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
KingKerf run logging and hit ref all home button and post what comes up it will help nail down the problem
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 03:15:49 PM »
I can not post the log trace because when the machine makes contact with the A-axis homing switch, Mach4 goes into a nonresposive state. completely freezes. nothing can be done. As i have stated before....

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »
push it then hit E stop it will put out the start of homing, it is meant to come up a certain way