Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 05:09:12 PM

Author Topic: Homing  (Read 10467 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Homing
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 08:47:41 PM »
No problem Daniel.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 09:23:33 PM »
Chaoticone I see there is a new version out they have not got the test screen set you did for the default screen in it.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 09:43:42 PM »
Yup, we still have work to do on the screen but it is getting close.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2015, 05:18:44 AM »
Check your Mach config, A axis is set to home last, although in the input signals there is nothing set for Motor 3 Home.
This could mean that motor 3 is homing as should but it does not back off to complete the cycle.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
I am using a custom built screen that doesn't have the same diagnostics page. And the homing order will never matter because I am calling each axis to home individually and not using mc.mcAxisHomeAll().
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 03:15:25 PM »
Also Daz,
If you read farther up in the topic, Motor 3 is set to the Y axis, which is set to Home-in-place. The A axis is motor 1.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 03:19:20 PM »
Away at moment but will read posts from begining and see if between us we can get you right.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 03:26:10 PM »
your log shows homing axis letter and axis numbers at the same time if you home A axis only as motor 1 what happens, the motor numbers are the mapping function across all plugins`s Mach4 does not give a ********* what axis letter is set to a axis number as this is just the mapping of motor`s.

your problem is A axis so just run that by it self once you have done that a put up the logging, we can see what is going on with that motor then go from there

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 09:30:51 AM »
I would also see if it has the same problem with all things default or as close as possible to default. Screens, profile, etc.

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »
Hello,
   I am a newbie to the Mach4 CNC community (~5 months) and have a simple cnc mill that operates pretty well for the most part.  Unfortunately, I  have been trying to solve the same problem as kingkerf from the beginning of my cnc build. I've tried multiple versions of Mach4, and updated ESS plugins as recommended. Regardless of what I have tried,  I am having the same problem that kingkerf explained with my mill. My slaved y axis behaves as expected, but my x, and z axis simply shut down once the limit switch is activated. All limit switches behave just fine under normal operating conditions.  Based on your previous advice, I have logged and attached the homing data files for the y, x, and z axes. The work and advice offered on this forum is outstanding and any help you may be able to offer would be appreciated. I am currently running Mach4 version 2763 using ESS plugin build 132. Finally, I would like to state that I am a HUGE fan of the videos that DaztheGas has provided. The videos expedited my build time tremendously - thank you.  ;D