Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:27:31 PM

Author Topic: Macro Pump  (Read 16419 times)

Re: Macro Pump
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 09:01:32 AM »
Many thanks for all the help in deciding what to do here.  So you'll know, here's what I decided to do.

Page #1 has only a few things posted.  It has the Reset button, a Datum button (Seek home limits button), Ticker0, Ticker1, and Userlabel1.  That's it.

I left Ticker0 on all pages so it runs if you need to reset.  But to reset, you have to go to page #1.  Reset is ONLY on the first page.

I set the Reset button to run a VB Script.  The script says:

SetTicker 1, "Press the Datum Button to Home the Machine"
     DoOEMButton(1021)

Note that I put the setticker line first, because it won't run otherwise.  So, what happens when my version of Mach3 boots is an initial screen that has a flashing Reset button, and Ticker0 is scrolling saying to "Press Reset".  When Reset is pushed, that starts the Ticker1 line telling the operator to "Press the Datum Button", and it enables the drives as usual.

The Datum Button on my system seeks the limit switches:

rem DoButton( 24 )  (I don't have a Z-Axis on this machine)
   DoButton( 22 )
   DoButton( 23 )
   SetUserLabel 1, "Machine Homed"

Note that when the limits are found, I post a static Label that tells you that the machine "Homed" successfully.

This doesn't actually force seeking the limits before the machine will run.  I've decided that's OK.  I think the habit will be to seek the limits as instructed, but if you don't want to for some reason, you can skip that step.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 09:38:52 AM »
Wayne,

Look at the Macro pump example I posted, it works on mine. (Unless I don't understand what your wanting to do).
It is in the my last post before this one.

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 09:42:43 AM »
Wyane,

If forgot, the G28.1 (or G30), works in my init string, BUT, after I put it in the init string, I had to shut down and reboot mach, it worked after that..........
I have a G80 and a few others on my init string prior to the homing, I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Scott
fun times

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 10:02:32 AM »
Scott I don't want to do anything LOL..   It was someone elses thread ;)

Anyway, he's got a solution, kinda like the one I came up with, so glad to have been able to plant a seed leading to his answer.

Personally I'd rather macropumps have as little as possible in them.   Monolithic Macropumps could in theory never be completely executed.

Wayne....