Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:24:50 AM

Author Topic: Enable Outputs  (Read 5237 times)

Enable Outputs
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:54:32 PM »
I can get two Enable circuits to work.  However, I'm having no luck in using Enable circuits #3-6.

Any suggestions?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Enable Outputs
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:52:49 PM »
Hi, Flipz01

Can you give us a little more Information on what your trying to do.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »
I am using one enable to actually enable the drives.  The enable output provides 5vdc to trip a relay.

I would like to use two more outputs to control another SS relay.  This relay is used to block the 24vdc output to everything until the system boots, and the operator hits the "reset" button - that is, the same thing you use a charge pump for.  On my circuit board, I've wired Pin #1 to the negative pin of the relay, and Pin #2 to the positive pin.  When the "reset" button is pushed, Enable 2 (pin #1) goes low, and Enable 3 (pin #2) goes high to turn on the circuit and allow the 24vdc to pass.

I've now wired this so my drive enable also provides the 5vdc for the relay, and Enable 2 goes low to complete the circuit to the relay.

So, I don't really need the other Enable circuits at this time, just curious why I can't get them to work.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:55:56 PM »
You can have up to 6 of them and they will turn on from 1 - 6 with about a .1 sec delay from one to the other. To enable them you need to "enable" the output under the ports and pins and you also need to set the active low state.

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »
Brian - I already have two working perfectly.  That means that I activated them and set the active state.  I apparently can't get #3-6 to work - just #1 & 2.

In the 1024.set screens, I can get #1-3 to work, but not #4-6.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 12:52:04 PM »
Hi, Flipz01

In the the default Mach3 install, Outputs 1, 2, are set to Spindle Cont. CCW (M4) & CW (M3), & Flood Mist Cont, 3, 4, Flood (M8) & Mist (M7) Cont.

You can add / create a Button with Screen4 to your 1024.set.

Make a copy of it First so you have the original to rename if needed.

I posted a 1024 screen set below that has some buttons lower right of screen and a Cut screen to work on / look at.

The Enable 6 button will turn Enable 6 on and off after Reset turns it on to start with.

Use Screen4 to add buttons and mutch more, When you open it up reduce the size of the add items window and click on the None button (It opens up with add items if you don't you'll probably add items with out knowing. 

After creating the buttons and saving, Run Mach 3, Under Operator tab, Click on Edit Button Script, All the buttons will flash, Click on the button you

Created, Copy the code below in the window, change the # 7 to the Output # you want and save / Close the window.

If IsOutputActive( OUTPUT7 ) Then
   DeActivateSignal( OUTPUT7 )
Else
   ActivateSignal( OUTPUT7)
End If

Can you say learning curve, Just a start.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »
Chip,

I am simply pointing out that, if I load YOUR 1024.set screens - which already have LEDs for Enable #1-6 so I don't have to make anything, and then I activate all of the enables - only #1-3 actually turn on.  On my screens, which look nothing like the 1024 screens, for some reason I can only get Enables #1 & 2 to work.

You have laid out an elaborate scheme to make buttons, I've known how to do this for months and have made really nice custom screens using your Screen4 program.

Maybe I should ask a different question.  Do all the Enables work on YOUR computer?  They don't on mine - any of the three!  As I've stated many times, I don't need anyone to tell me how to activate Enables - I have #1 & #2 working perfectly, and if I can do that, I can set up the rest to work.

And, if the answer is that Enables work for everybody on the planet but me, I'll do more work from here.  However, I'm trying to find out if my THREE computers are unusual, or if there is a bug!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 11:02:46 PM »
We found the problem :)
He was only using 2 axis and you can't have an enable for an axis that is not setup...

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 12:01:30 AM »
Hi, Flipz01

Your words "I am simply pointing out that, if I load YOUR 1024.set screens".

I think your prety lost, Just trying to Help.

I'm sure it will help others.

Go Figure, Chip