Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:17:56 PM

Author Topic: Macro Pump  (Read 16326 times)

Macro Pump
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:36:57 AM »
Where do I find a description of how to use a Macro Pump?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Macro Pump
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:11:56 PM »
The macro pump is a list of VB commands stored in a file called MacroPump.m1s in the current profile.

Any valid VB script can be used.  The macropump runs about 40 times a second continually.  it must be enable in general config first and mach re-run to start the process.

What are you tring to do?. it may have been done already.

There is some info here :- http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?search=macropump&go=Go

Graham.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:15:35 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:45:48 PM »
I'm trying to make the operator "Home" the machine before anything can be done.  No problem there.  My biggest problem is finding documentation on how to set this up.

I'm assuming that I simply need to make the file in Notebook, put in the code, and turn the scan on in set-up.  But, I though I'd read up on this first.  I find references, but no "here's how you do it".

I've also been looking for info on how to set up userleds and tickers, and I've been looking for the place that Ticker0 is set up for the Reset switch.  Well hidden?
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 09:55:15 AM »
Please open up the wizards and check out the code in them. This will help you with how make the code work.

The best way to make the user have to home is to ad a bit of code to the cycle start button... I don't think you need to have anything in the Macropump

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:36:26 AM »
Adding this to cycle start is not the idea.  I want to home the machine at startup, establish a 0,0 position against the limits, and then allow cutting parts.  You absolutely would not want to do this before ever part.

Code to do this is posted somewhere else on your Forum.

What I'm looking for is some basic "how to" regarding macro pumps, tickers, userLEds, etc.  Where can I find this stuff?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 12:10:21 PM »
This is what I told you...

pseudo code :
If NOT homed
 DON'T run the code!!!!!
message "must be homed before running the program"
else
do cycle start

So as you can see it is going to do what you are looking for

If you still think you need all the macro pump stuff Please look at the code in the wizards and there screen sets. this will show you how everything works
Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 12:25:57 PM »
Brian, I get what you are saying, but we are an OEM.  If I were doing this for my shop, I'd do what you suggest, however, I want there to be NO CHOICE.  I want the machine homed, not as a suggestion, but as a requirement.  Once homed, it shouldn't be an issue, warning, or even a thought.  Apparently, the best way to do that is a macro pump file, but I can't find any info to base that decision on.

Any suggestions on where to look for advice on macro pumps, userLEDs, and tickers?  Apparently, others know how to do this so I'm guessing it's posted someplace.

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 01:04:16 PM »
Could you not add it to the so called "reset" button?   Weird that reset is!   More like an E-Stop resets are usually coloured white too ;)

I do see what the OP is getting at, I was actually thinking about the same problem the other day.

I wonder if it's possible to code a reset in VB Script.

The way I'd like to have my machines set up is from power up.

Hardware reset (2 switches) That bits easy.   This would Enable drives.

Then force the Home. Before anything else is possible.  Is this what you mean?

Take as example the Heidenhain controllers so popular over here.  (Just happened to be repairing one today so this is fresh memory!)

On power up they are in a condition where they will do nothing. with the Alarm message "Shot Bolt Release"

Pressing the WHITE button will enable the machine and then the message

"Ref All Axes" comes up

CYCLE START is pressed and they home.

From there you can do whatever you like.

Wayne.....

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 02:01:53 PM »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 02:21:22 PM »
Wayne,

I think you are on the right track.

I think adding it to the reset button should work, I just don't know how to do it!

In my version, when Reset is hit, it would then say something like "Home the Machine".  But, I'd use a "Home" or "Datum" button instead of the "Cycle Start".