Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:58:44 PM

Author Topic: Gcode Request for a part  (Read 21535 times)

Gcode Request for a part
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:09:23 PM »
Hey guys,

I am trying to develop a post processor to use on a lathe and was wondering if anyone would mind turning a part into gcode for me so i could see what correct code output looked like..  I have been battling this for a few days and haven't  gotten it nailed down yet.  i have been able to get mach3turn to accept the file without error but the toolpath looks all wrong.

Would anyone mind making some code to help me out?

I have the part file in solidworks but could easily send it via DXF or any other format really, just want to see some solid code so i can edit the universal post generator to output the same..  I did it for my mill but I had other cam software at the time to help guide me along the way to what it was supposed to look like.. for the lathe I have bubcus..

Thanks in advance!!

Chris

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Gcode Request for a part
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 07:42:21 AM »
There are a lot of wizards that can be used to generate Gcode for the lathe.
Why not use them to see  what the code looks like?

RICH
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »
was wanting to see what tool changes and such would look like as well, more like what a cam package would output for mach3.  I will dig around some more and see what i can find.

Thanks!

Chris

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 05:31:45 PM »
If you want I can run your model through BobCad and give you the code it produces.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 06:27:43 PM »
Hood,

that would be awesome, what format would you like and where would you like it sent?

Thank a TON!

Chris

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 02:37:32 AM »
Just attach it here, you may have to zip it though as the forum only accepts certain file extensions.
You could try it as the .sldprt as BobCAD can open them.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »
Hood,

Here ya go, I attached the parts file in a zip folder.  Thank you so much for your time and effort!! hopefully I can get this post nailed down, if so I will be happy to share it!

My Best Regards!

Chris

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 01:59:13 PM »
Ok wasn't sure how you would do this, ie in one hit or OD then turn for ID. I did it in one hit using a round insert for the OD.
Other thing is it is in metric Dia mode as that is what I use, hopefully that won't matter for you. If it does then I will see if I have an Imperial post and re-do, not sure if I have one though.

Anyway code is attached and also a link to a youtube video showing the preview, still uploading so it will be about 10mins probably before you can view.
http://youtu.be/dGUeTm0oiAM

Hood
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »
Ok, going to see how it plays when i run it through mach!  video is set to private and wouldnt let me view..

Thanks Hood!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
Think vid would just be loading, try again and see, if you still cant see let me know.
Hood