Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:53:03 AM

Author Topic: Control input methods...  (Read 5900 times)

Re: Control input methods...
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 08:39:01 PM »
Check eBay I picked up a few storm keyboards with track ball for $25 a piece.
Don
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »
I run a mouseless system here. I use a Waterproof keyboard that has a jogstick for a mouse AND it has 24 Fkeys.  I paid $25 each for the keyboard. 

I set up HOTKEYS for the majority of the needed functions AS MACH3 is NOT  Tab key freindly, Actually it cannot tab as that was assigned to teh Jog flyout( bad choice)

You can also use a touchpad style keyboard that is like a laptop.  OR add a seperate touchpad(usb)

The problem with trackballs is due to vibration they tend to CREEP all over the screen. 

Yes you can load files directly from a USB stick I do it every day and NO it will not cause you problems. 

I also use a barcode scanner to scan in program names. 

(;-) TP

(;-) TP

Just curious... what's with all the capital words? You do that all the time, just wondering why??

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 11:29:50 AM »
Just curious... what's with all the capital words? You do that all the time, just wondering why??

I ALSO do it LOL.

No doubt Terry does it for the same reason as me, emphasis, but I thought that would have been obvious. Hope it doesn't irritate you.
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 01:49:28 PM »

I ALSO do it LOL.

No doubt Terry does it for the same reason as me, emphasis, but I thought that would have been obvious. Hope it doesn't irritate you.

It would be obvious if it were for emphasis but he seems to capitalize the oddest words for emphasis... like HOTKEYS, AS, CREEP?? lol, just find it odd.

I should say, because people are so sensitive on the internet  :P , that I don't mean any offense, just found that reading, You say his name is Terry, his posts is a very weird read. When I see capital words, I read them as emphasized, and it just doesn't correlate. I was just curious.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:52:49 PM by Jarhead »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »
Look at it like this. IF  I were talking to you in person I would NOT say  Capital H   otkey. I would say HOTKEY if I wanted to emphasis the work hotkey.

If you start using the programmers way of just using the First Letter of Each Word then people would THINK you were a programmer.  I do not want to be mistaken for one of THOSE dudes. (;-)

That is a joke by the way, (;-) TP
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 05:45:05 PM »
Look at it like this. IF  I were talking to you in person I would NOT say  Capital H   otkey. I would say HOTKEY if I wanted to emphasis the work hotkey.

If you start using the programmers way of just using the First Letter of Each Word then people would THINK you were a programmer.  I do not want to be mistaken for one of THOSE dudes. (;-)

That is a joke by the way, (;-) TP

See.... that one read perfectly to me, and then you go and tell me it was a joke!!