Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:01:57 PM

Author Topic: Problem Using Mach3  (Read 2103 times)

Problem Using Mach3
« on: July 16, 2015, 01:10:21 AM »
I have a 6040 and am using Mach3. I have a random/intermittent problem which I hope others might be able to help with.

Sometimes when I try to traverse using X/Y controls Mach3 hits estop, I have to reset and continue. This sometimes happens whilst executing reference all axes. However once set up I can run a long gcode job without issue. So strangely this seems to be an issue involving short duration motor feeds.

Seems a bit odd so I'm not sure where to start looking.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Using Mach3
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 12:04:02 PM »
Hi Fred,

This type of problem is generally associated with the pickup of electrical noise on inputs wiring.
Try increasing the Debounce Interval to 2000 or so (Config / General Config page). If this improves the situation then check that all your inputs wiring (e-stop, limit, home, switches etc.) are properly screened and earthed.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 04:45:20 PM »
Hi Fred,

This type of problem is generally associated with the pickup of electrical noise on inputs wiring.
Try increasing the Debounce Interval to 2000 or so (Config / General Config page). If this improves the situation then check that all your inputs wiring (e-stop, limit, home, switches etc.) are properly screened and earthed.

Tweakie.
Actually I think you hit the nail on the thumb. This was a random problem and after I moved some of the equipment around physically it went away.

Thanks.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 01:49:51 AM »
I am pleased you managed to get it sorted.

Tweakie.
PEACE