Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:13:10 AM

Author Topic: MPG Mode won't stay on.  (Read 2958 times)

MPG Mode won't stay on.
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:41:32 AM »
I have a 4 axis MPG pendant.  I am using a brain to turn on Jog Mode ---> MPG when the MPG pendant is switched to any of the axis "X,Y,Z, or A"; respectively when I switch the MPG pendant to "OFF"  the brain switches to Jog Mode ---> Cont. 
I know this brain works because I am using it on 2 other machines.  However, on this machine when I switch to an axis on the pendant it switches to MPG mode for a split second and switches back to Cont.  When I manually hit tab and cycle through the jog modes it doesn't switch to MPG Mode.  I have MPG 1 active in the ports and pins so it should at least toggle to MPG Mode but it is not. 
Side note, I do not know what shuttle mode is, but whenever i enable it it switches to MPG mode but it will not allow me to use the MPG Wheel.   ANY IDEAS???

-Chad
Chad Byrd
Re: MPG Mode won't stay on.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 01:55:44 PM »
Learned what shuttle mode is.  I am still not having any luck with this.  I have a new XML and when I make the necessary changes to get the machine working the MPG still won't turn on inside mach 3.
Chad Byrd
Re: MPG Mode won't stay on.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 03:36:26 PM »
SUCCESS!!!  I have figured out the problem!!  I am using a Pokeys board.  Under the configure pokeys there is a check box on the bottom saying something about step and direction are needed to enable the MPG.  I just turned it off and my pendant works again!!
Chad Byrd