Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:55:03 PM

Author Topic: Hello, can I have suggestions for implemantation ..  (Read 3742 times)

Hello, can I have suggestions for implemantation ..
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »
Hi I have the following material to build a medium to heavy duty CNC machine.

3 Servo-Motors (drives integrated) Danfoss ISD401. 400Vdc, 10Nm, 600 RPM

3 used Nema 23 stepper motors (not in very good shape, I bought at a junk yard and it was all rust, I cleaned with a circular steel brush)

1 WEQ CFW 10 frequency inverter 220 Vac  0- 300 Hz (for a future tool change system )

1 Siemens Micromaster 420 frequency inverter. 0 - 730 hz  (for spindle control )

1 ECODRIVER Indramat DKC 1.1-030-3 Drive controllers  (it s probably not compatible to my servo motors, and as far as I could Understand when I read the manual, it is a single axis module.. I would need another 2 to control X-Y-Z Axis.. So I will probably sell and use the money to buy the remaining parts..

3 Pneumatic linear actuator 30mm course, and 3 selenoid valves.. ( probably use to develop the tool change system , or a system to lock and hold the sheets or material to the gantry table ..

12 mm High grade Aluminum sheets  and mechanical parts (flanges, bearings, rails , linear guides , aluminum extrusions etc..

i would like to ask you guys for advice on how to setup this parts in the best way possible and low cost. What kind of interface i could use to connect these servo-motors to my computer and run it with mach3 (or any other better way) for the application on a 3 Axis CNC Machine.

tank you

Re: Hello, can I have suggestions for implemantation ..
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »
You are probably going to want to watch reruns of the A-Team for ideas on this project.
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 09:08:44 PM »
Lol I did nt exactly got the joke, but it sounds funny to me. 

But I am still waiting for some help in this topic. 
I have already tried to contact the manufacturer in order to get more info on this servo motors, specially what kind or which one control unity is compatible to it. 
Today I found some good info but it still not very clear to me how I can interface this servo motor to the mach3.
It's probably a very good set of components,  but it do me no good until I figure the whole thing out. 
So I hope to get some help on this forum.

The motor is drive integrated.  It combines high performance permanent magnet synchronous servo motor and drive electronics in the same enclosure. 
In the web site it also says that it control via IEC 61131-3.

I think the main question is.  What kind of control and which is a good pick ( cost\benefit)
I thought about using a arduino board as controler but I would need to amplify the signal somehow.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 09:47:52 PM »
Why you ask this in the video sub forum?

Better chance in another section of this forum.

Jeff

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 12:30:01 PM »
Why you ask this in the video sub forum?

Better chance in another section of this forum.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

At your suggestion, I have moved the topic here to the General section.

Tweakie.
PEACE
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 03:35:37 PM »
Thanks I am not very experienced using forums..  Next time I post a new topic I will try to better categorize it..  Thank you.. 
And I am still in urgent need for this information.  I have a deadline to conclude the building of this cnc router
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 03:35:29 AM »
It looks like you may need a central PLC based controller for the drives, the manufacturer's literature states that they are designed for food and packaging production environments.

IEC 61131-3 refers to PLC programming standards which implies that either the drives incorporate a PLC or that one is required to drive them, if you can get technical documentation from the manufacturer it will probably make this clearer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_61131-3

From Page 29 of the the Danfoss product overview

http://www.danfoss.com/nr/rdonlyres/a6394104-5368-4536-b4be-a553a0fd64dd/0/vltproductcatalogue_doc_pb101e102.pdf

"The ISD Master System is necessary to control the integrated servo motors.
The system is DC-driven network connected througg a common master computer control"

Keep us updated on your progress with these,
Regards,
Nick

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 03:59:21 AM »
Magicniner Thank you very much.  This PDF with a basic schematics is exactly what I was looking for. 
I will read throughout and probably will solve many questions. 
But just to advance a little let me ask you 2 things. 
Only the manufacturer controler is compatible or any PLC based one can be used.
What would be the cheapest and simple solution to work with this servos.
The second question.  In your opinion, should I continue projecting my machine based on this servos or should I chose then Nema 24 or 32 instead? 
These servos seems to work with a lot more precision but I think I may have to invest much more money to complete the installation..
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 05:26:26 AM »
Only the manufacturer controler is compatible or any PLC based one can be used.

If the manufacturer publishes enough information you may be able use an alternate PLC.

The second question.  In your opinion, should I continue projecting my machine based on this servos or should I chose then Nema 24 or 32 instead? 
These servos seems to work with a lot more precision but I think I may have to invest much more money to complete the installation..

That will all depend on what information you can get from the manufacturer and whether you think it's viable for you based on that, considerations include whether you have the technical capability and more spare time or money but it's definitely a decision for you.
If the drives do have accessible step and direction signals internally it may be possible to determine where they are and inject local control signals directly at that point, you might need a meter & scope to find them though,
Regards,
Nick