Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 09:26:27 AM

Author Topic: Sending Arc Voltages to Mach3  (Read 7204 times)

Sending Arc Voltages to Mach3
« on: May 22, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »
Hi,

I am developing an THC. And I want to make this thc system for mach3. I dont want to send up or down signals like proma's thc because the response time will be slower. And harder to setup set voltages etc.

So I want to send the Arc voltages directly to mach3 and make everything in mach3's screen. So how to send the analog data to my mach3's dro? I want a system like candcnc.
Candcnc is making very nice systems but not shipping to my country. And if shipped to my country there are so much problem about customs. So I want to develop my own system.

I just need to send the value from serial com port, and I want to see this data in the dro. After this i will wirte a brain and I hope thc will work nicely. I can sending the data from serial and I can reading it from my serial port window. But how to configure it with mach3?

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: Sending Arc Voltages to Mach3
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:40:23 AM »
Hi,

witch format is the serial data,
modbus would help.

Thomas
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »
Hi,

witch format is the serial data,
modbus would help.

Thomas

Hi Thomas

Thank you for your reply.

I can send the data which format I need. I am using mcu so I can program it as I want. But I dont know How can I send this data to dro with modbus protocol.
There are some examples for logic signal but how can i send an integer to mach's dro directly?

If there is an example how signal type mach3 needs, I can send the data in that format. And I can setup the mach as an example...

Thank you again.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:34:01 AM by furkanyilmaz11 »

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 08:41:54 AM »
Hi,

you can not send direct into a dro,
but you can shift a modbus register via brain/VB into the dro.

Thomas
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 08:44:54 AM »
Hi,

you can not send direct into a dro,
but you can shift a modbus register via brain/VB into the dro.

Thomas

Ok, I have no idea about how to do it. Is there an any example? Or can you help me about it one on one?

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 09:03:06 AM »
Hi,

i am not the modbus Guru, but i think there are code examples for modbus in C avaliable
on the Internet, also here in the Forum is a lot Information how to configure/use
modbus in Mach3 like here:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,21105.10.html

i am sure one of the modbus guru's here will help with detailed Information
soon.

the rest (bring the modbus Register to a dro) is very easy.

Thomas

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 10:09:26 AM »
Trying to do THC across the serial port is WAY TO SLOW to be effective  By the time you get the data to mach3 it is past history and invalid for corrections.

The THC up /down inputs run at kernal speed and are just barely fast enough.

THere is a THC plugin on this site that is an alterative solution. It may be what you need.

For THC in the UK I would use  RazorDance systems THC.

(;-) TP
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »
Thomas thank you very much for replies.

BR549

I am sure about the up or down signal will be fast enough. But I am trying to develop a very complicate system. And I think setting the voltage, setting the pierce time etc. is nonsense. Because operator can make mistakes. I am working for a complete system. Operator will just enter the material type and thickness. After this everything will be set automatically. So maybe I can send a set voltage data to thc unit from mach3. And mach3 will just use the up and down signals. Thats an option, but I need learn more about the mach3 communucation to do this. So I need to send arc voltages to mach3's dro and compare the voltage and move the z axis up or down. I will be learned so much thing. After this I can use every method.

But I am interested about how candcnc using serial data for thc...

Candcnc's thc system is so nice i think. And I am curious about how they making it with serial communucation. So if I can send the arc voltage data to mach3, I can work on baudrate and speeds. I want to make a system like candcnc.

Maybe Tom Caudle can help me about it but I am not sure will he give an information about his product.

Any suggests? I need to send arc voltages to mach3 like candcnc's system, how can I do it?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:25:16 AM by furkanyilmaz11 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
Tom's THC does NOT use the serial for THC it is just used to program his THC for cutting values (arc voltage,etc) His system uses the Mach3 inputs THC UP and THC DOWN and ARC OK just like everyone else has to using the LPT version of Mach3.

NOW with his newest system the THC controls the z as well but that is DONE outside of Mach3 with the ESS.

What you are trying to do with auto presetting of the Machine based on material is not new it has been done before , several different ways (;-) .

Just a thought, (;-) TP

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 02:42:47 PM »
NOW with his newest system the THC controls the z as well but that is DONE outside of Mach3 with the ESS.

Wow pretty nice! :) But how controlling the z axis from mach3 and from standalone in the same time with ess? So it that means in candcnc's system serial port is just using for send src volts. Standalone and control with mach3 at the same time in ethercut system? I have an ERROR in my brain :)! How?

What you are trying to do with auto presetting of the Machine based on material is not new it has been done before , several different ways (;-) .

What is that different ways? Please let me know. As I know one of the this method is candcnc. But what is other ways. I am gonna control hypertherm too in the same time.

And really so nice informations BR549, thank you very much :)
I am waiting for more :)