Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:06:15 AM

Author Topic: motor tuning blank screen  (Read 3224 times)

motor tuning blank screen
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:18:36 AM »
Hi im new to using Mach 3 have a precison plasma setup using the mp3500 board,  i am trying to initially setup the motor tuning on the program and cannot enter a value for the velocity of the motors every time i enter a value the graph goes blank and value enters as 0 i can adjust the steps per inch and acceleration.  the sliding bars on the graph do not affect it either.  any ideas? missing file?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: motor tuning blank screen
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 02:36:15 PM »
Please attach your xml.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:17:36 PM »
I ma having the same issue. here is my file:  ok, I can't figure how to send the file.....HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 01:47:23 AM »
I ma having the same issue. here is my file:  ok, I can't figure how to send the file.....HELP!!!!!!!!!

Copy the .xml file that is in your Mach3 folder, rename it to tkreeger.xml then use the reply button and attach the file
using 'additional options'.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:25:53 AM »
ok here is the file. I didn't see the guy ahead of me get an answer. Hope I have better luck. I did try to edit the file. it sis not work. I try loading a backup file of before it started this. Again, once I changed the steps per value, and attempted a save, it set the velocity to zero.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »
Your .xml file appears to be OK (runs fine here) so I suggest you re-install Mach3 and see if that resolves the problem.
Keep a backup copy of your .xml, screen .set, macro folder and license file just in case they are needed.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 12:21:28 PM »
So, you were able to make changes in the motor tuning section with no problems?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 02:13:53 PM »
Try changing the name of your PlugIns folder to OldPlugins and make a new one. Try with that folder empty (except the ESS plugin)  and see if it helps, if it does you can add the other plugins one at a time and see which one is the problem.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 04:05:38 PM »
Got this responce from Brett at Artsoft.                           

No, no motors need to be connected to play with motor tuning. However, if you have a motion device selected and it is not connected when you launch Mach3 that is a different question with a different answer. You should get an error message popup. This is the first indication that something is amiss and should be addressed before continuing. If that is the state Mach is in when you try to tune the motors you will not be able to. If you were in simulation mode (no motion device selected and no error messages) you could change motor tuning settings.

Well, I was attempting to do this with out my motors or control box connected. Never thought it would affect the settings I was trying to enter. I also setup to use the ESS Smooth Stepper which was also not inline. Came home, hooked up the control box and stepper, no motors still, and low and behold I could change the values again.

thx to all jumped in, hopefully we all learnt somehing. Thanks to swift answers from Artsoft, very astounded by how fast, they got back to me and helped me solve mu little dilemma.

Thnx everyone again.

Ted