Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:16:51 PM

Author Topic: Part program running output and start inhibit input?  (Read 2516 times)

Part program running output and start inhibit input?
« on: May 14, 2015, 06:41:26 AM »
Hi all,
My flatbed router has pneumatic "pop-up" datum stops which I use to set the material correctly on the bed. I want to be able to prevent them from being raised when a program is running and also prevent cycle start if they are raised.

I can handle the external wiring but anyone got any idea what in's and out's I could use for this.

Many thanks.
Re: Part program running output and start inhibit input?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 08:13:03 AM »
Are the stops activated/deactivated manually ?
By a mechanical valve ? or an electric solenoid valve ?

If electric:
You could let Mach control them with an output activated by an on-screen button. Or an external button to a Mach Input.
Then include the associated LED in the Start button script to prevent starting when active.

There is an LED 999 IsMoving to include in the Pop-Up button script to prevent activation if a program is running.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 08:29:25 AM »
Thanks for your reply, they are currently controlled by mechanical valve but I'm happy to fit a solenoid valve, this would also operate a Mach input. So if I'm reading you correctly I can edit the "Start Cycle" script to include a routine to check if that input is not activated, is that correct? Then use the "IsMoving" LED signal to inhibit the solenoid activation?

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 08:39:16 AM »
The valve wouldn't actually operate a Mach Input, Mach will monitor the LED associated with the Output that activates the pop-ups and use that LED as indication that the output is active.
The Start button is a function button as delivered but can easily be changed to a script button.

Would you be using an on-screen button ? or an external button to a Mach input ?

Russ
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 08:48:08 AM »
You could script the Cycle Start button to automatically retract the stops if they are up when you hit Start too.
That would save needing to hit the new button to retract them.
Many options .......
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
Hi Russ,

Quite happy to have the pop-ups working from an external button then feeding into a Mach input for status, or use a button from within Mach, but would like to have an external button anyway rather than an on screen one. Trying to avoid too much mouse/keyboard work in the workshop due dust.

You could script the Cycle Start button to automatically retract the stops if they are up when you hit Start too.
That would save needing to hit the new button to retract them.
Many options .......

That sounds like a very good option.