Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:06:32 AM

Author Topic: optimum kontroller IV  (Read 12198 times)

Re: optimum kontroller IV
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 10:09:54 AM »
hey.
maybe it will be quicker to email me,
gert@soltrold.dk
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 06:02:52 AM »
Hey.
i am using controller VI ver 2, with mach3
i any want the setup i can help.

gert

Hi Gert,

Could you please help with the settings for Mach3

Thank you

Hello Gert

I've bought a BF 46 mill with the Optimum supplied cmc steppers and controller IV. How could you share your setup with me?
I'm from SA, but living in Perth Australia for past 10 years.
Your help will be very welcome.

Cheers
Bernic
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 01:14:33 AM »
Hi Gert

Yes, I do need help and would appreciate it if you could find the time to help.

My machines are a bf46vario converted to cnc(factory fitted ballscrews) with a controller IV. I also have a TU2708 vario lathe with the same cnc setup, however i’m contemplating using the same controller for the lathe.

I’ve setup my sherline machines about 5 years ago and have been using them, but bigger is always better so went for Optimum.

I’m not sure exactly what to ask for from you as I suppose its the setup within Mach3 which need to be configured, but if you have that information I would appreciate it.

If you need to know more from my side let me know.

Best Regards

Bernic
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2020, 11:16:05 PM »
just acquired this optimum lathe machine, i did set up with the cd coming from industry controls , as per the manuals verified the settings all seems correct still i can not move either axis, i opened the box and found a relay is cutting the power to reach the stepper motor driver from the toroidial transformer ,  is there a specific sitting in mach3 to override this relay but do not see any info for it, as per the manual it says the controller will turn the motors off in case of short or overvolatge but event hing is connected and I can see the limit switches working fine.  any ideas ?  and yes I contacted  Optimuim in Germany directly still did even bother to reply.
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 11:58:35 PM »
board attached,
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2020, 03:33:58 AM »
Hello.
The 1st pin on the DB25 connector needs a signal from the charge pump,
or + 5V no matter from any source.
That should help
Indulis

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 03:42:09 AM »
go to Config -> Ports&Pins -> Outputs Signal

Enable1    set enabled    Port -> to whatever port you are using         Pin -> 1
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2020, 08:31:31 PM »
Thank you all for your help, I checked the sittings s still as per the installation software it came with port 1_pin_1  as O/P , really was waste of time , i removed the cover for the transformer and found it was wired for 230 not 115 as per the manual. i hooked it to 240vac and here we go everything worked fine. the transformer was giving half the O/Ps was 5VD was fine 6Vdc instead of 12Vdc and 24Vac instead of 48ac