Hello Guest it is May 23, 2019, 11:50:17 PM

Author Topic: Save Work Offsets  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Save Work Offsets
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:30:53 PM »

I have a fixture setup at a known position on my table.

Set "Fixture 2 (G55)" to the coordinates matching that fixture in the Save Work Offset table.

Home machine then select G55 offset, "Goto Z" puts me right where I want to be.  All good so far.

If for any reason I zero an axis it changes the G55 offset in the "Save Work Offset" table.

I don't want this to happen. I then have to re enter and save the correct offset in the table again.

Which check box on the General Config Page must I set to not allow the offset to change until I want it to?

Thanks,  Greg

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  1,853 1,853
  • West Yorkshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: Save Work Offsets
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 04:40:02 AM »
You could set up an M code macro with a G10 in it that sets your offsets for you, that way they will never get lost and also you can enter the M code in all the programs that use that fixture offset.

E.g.

G10 L2 P2 Xnnn.nnn Ynnn.nnn Znnn.nnn

Graham.
America gave us powered flight, England the steam train and Germany the car.  Who invented the first boat?

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Save Work Offsets
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »

Thanks for that Graham. I may need to do that.

Just seems a bit strange to have a "Save Work Offsets" button that leads to a table to enter offsets and select save.

Then have these altered by other operations and catch you out when you don't want them to be.

Was hoping I just needed to have the correct selections made in General Config to not allow these unwanted changes to happen.

Greg