Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:59:23 AM

Author Topic: Center zero setting  (Read 1508 times)

Center zero setting
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:00:47 AM »
Hello, I had put my fireball v90 away for a long time.  Recently I brought it out and have set some jobs on it.  I can not for the life of me remember how to set it to run from the center of the piece.  In the past I remember when I set my plaque on the machine, I would move the bit to the center and bring the bit down to contact the wood.  I would then zero x,y and z.  When I started the job it would go from there.  For some reason I can't remember how to do that and it always moves to the upper right corner and starts.  Any Idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Mike in Kailua.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Center zero setting
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 06:16:05 AM »
Could be a for a number of reasons and depends if you have switches or not / how your machine is configured.

You define the datum reference for the machining of the part. If you want the gcode to start at the center of the piece,then generate the code based on the center and surface of the piece. You can set your tool to that point. What follows after that is based on how the code was generated. I always look at the first few moves of the gcode to see what is happening.

Note: You define to the controller where Home / Machine zero is, AND , you also must define where the Part is.
If the part is away from Home, then there is a Work Offset. If the Part datum is zero and Home is also zero, then
Machine Coordinates = Part Coordinates.

RICH