Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:50:03 PM

Author Topic: y and z axis move opposite direction  (Read 1983 times)

y and z axis move opposite direction
« on: March 09, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »
Need help please. I have a KRMx02 router driven by Gekko G540 and Dell PC running Win XP sp 3, and Mach3. The machine has been running flawlessly for a long time. I have made no changes to Mack3 nor made any changes/updates to XP, and have not installed any new software. A few days ago I was running G code that has worked fine before, when on a new run the z axis began running down when it should move up. Later the same began happening with the y axis. The manual jog keys cause correct motion, but the DROs indicate motion in the opposite direction. I had this problem with the z axis over a year ago, but can't recall how I fixed it. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Re: y and z axis move opposite direction
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »
I'd check all the wiring. Especially the connections and general condition of the "Direction" conductors.
You can MDI a long slow move that is in the direction of the HIGH state of the pin, then wiggle the wiring to see if it intermittently goes LOW and changes direction indicating an open in the circuit.
One possibility that I've seen before.
Russ
Re: y and z axis move opposite direction
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »
Russ - Thanks for the quick response. I've checked all wiring and all appears good. All connections between the G540 and steppers are commercially made with molded DB-9 connectors. Also, since the y axis is not working properly the gantry would likely rack since the a axis is slaved to the y and both would have to have the same problem for it to run wrong but smoothly.
Warren