Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:32:56 AM

Author Topic: My Shizouka AN-S  (Read 26262 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: My Shizouka AN-S
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 07:30:28 AM »
Thanks, that helps a lot.

Vince

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »
Some photos of my Matchmaker can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/mc_mtb/sets/72157632396902054/
If you need anything specific, let me know, as I've finally got some spare time again. I would of replied sooner, but work levels have been far too high the past couple months.

It's still not finished, due to various reasons, but it may be up and running this year, as I've got a couple jobs where it would make life a lot easier.
The only thing I really need to buy now to get it up and running, are servos and assorted wiring bits. I've had a KFlop+Kanalog+Konnect for nearly a year now, just not got as far as putting it in the cabinet.

Offline alloy

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 04:27:10 PM »
Any and all pics help believe me.

I've got my power cabinet almost done.  I'd post a pic of it but for the life of me can't figure out why I can't.  I did it before but for some reason I can't now.

I also have about 98% of the parts I need now.  We are finding new things as we go that are needed.   I'm away from it for 2 weeks now unfortunately.  I wish I could work on it everyday.

Offline alloy

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 12:14:04 PM »

Offline alloy

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 01:53:34 AM »
Been awhile since posted anything about my build.  We have come a long way since I last posted.

This weekend w got the mill motors under power and controlled by the Galil.  The tool changer arm and clamp are also working.  My friend Jim has built a gear box to move the chain using a stepper motor and new electrics. 

When I bought the mill the motors had the wires cut and the servo drives and transformer were in a box and we had no idea if they worked or not. Well thankfully they all work, and work very well.  We are using Renishaw linear scales that have 1 micron resolution.  We have them on and working and talking to the Galil along with all the limit switches.  I found one damaged limit switch from an apparent crash.   I was able to repair it.  The iron is in pristine condition and not a scratch on any of the ways.  We are guessing the the damaged limit switch, burned out out air solenoid were why the machine was taken out of service.   

My friend Jim is the brains behind this build.  In my entire life no one has ever been so kind as to help me like this.  He's an awesome guy.   I believe he signed up on here a few days ago.

I've tried to post pics. but I can't for some reason.  Also tried to link them to photo bucket but just won't work.  Anyone know how I can post some pics?

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 11:37:43 AM »
There is an "Additional Options" link at the bottom left, when your typing your post. Please resize pictures if needed, so the picture does not fill up three football fields, and so the dial-up users are able to enjoy them as well. Thank you for sharing! We love pics :)
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline alloy

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »
Well lets see if this works.  I did resize them 50% smaller, but I went even smaller yet.

This is the gear box my friend made.

Offline alloy

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 12:02:44 PM »
Here are pics of my control cabinet, the Z axis box with the Renishaw linear reader head and my control pendant.  All the switches used are lighted except the rapid travel, spindle sped, and feed rate over ride. 

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 12:44:43 PM »
Looking good.

How are you controlling the toolchanger?
Interfacing to and using the original control boards, or have you replaced the boards with additional Inputs/Outputs(relays) via the Galil/Mach?

I'm in the process of removing all the original control boards from my Shizouka, so I can move the control to the KFlop.
I've been working my way through the Summit manual/wiring diagrams to work out the actual tool cycles (I'm very impressed by how it's managed with minimal components!), and I think I've got it figured out, but would be interested to hear what sequence you're using.
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »
We ripped out all of the control wiring for the TC (and everything else on the machine for that matter). There are only 2 solenoid valves that control the TC, one for the clamp, and one for the arm.  This machine had 2 additional solenoid valves that I think controlled the speed of the arm in various parts of the cycle, those came out also.

The solenoid valves are maintained position valves, and only require a 200ms pulse to shift.  Not the best control scheme, but it works.  There are 4 switches that are important, the arm in position limit switches (spindle and tool), and the clamp open & closed pressure switches.  There is one additional limit switch that reads some mid-position of the arm, not useful in this application.

We used small PLC relays with low current, 24VDC coils to interface with the Galil controller.  The relays are also available in a 5VDC coil depending on your needs.  All of the control code is in the Galil controller.  As soon as I figure out how to do it, Mach3 will send a tool change request to Galil, and Galil will fire back a ''OK, I'm done'' message when the tool change is complete.

I think your KFlop has the same capabilities as the Galil, it just programs in C or C++ rather than DMC code.

The relays are the little black modules on the panel, these are in banks of 4 relays.  Only 4 are used for the TC.  The red solenoid valves control the TC, the other 3 valves control the spindle brake, the power drawbar, and the one on the lower right dumps the air pressure to the TC manifold on E-stop.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:06:03 PM by JimDawson »
Controls Engineer
Machinist
Machine Design/Build