Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:34:51 PM

Author Topic: Sudden stop mid program  (Read 4438 times)

Sudden stop mid program
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:26:44 AM »
Running windows 7 with E box and smooth stepper with Syil mill.
Just lately I have had several sudden stops mid prog with no message.
Previous answers have said untick watchdogs. Mine wasn't ticked.
Fairly new to Mach.
How can I restart the prog from where it stopped? Several attempts didn't work and had to go back to start.
Have wasted some expensive material.!
All help much appreciated.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Sudden stop mid program
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:33:24 AM »
Do you have limit switches or other 'inputs' which could be picking up electrical noise ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 09:39:35 AM »
I do have limit switches. When you say electrical noise, from what? I have the usual workshop machinery but not near any other source of power..

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 10:47:19 AM »
Unfortunately there is electrical noise almost everywhere and input signal wiring (especially if operating at 5 volts) can bring the noise back to the CNC controller and cause the problem you describe.

Perhaps check that your limit switches are wired with shielded cable which is properly grounded (at the controller end) as this is a common source of problems if they are not wired correctly.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 07:47:19 PM »
have you managed to get the program past the point it stopped at, could be your license file is not being seen. If it's interference you can raise the debounce interval to around 2000 - 3000 which should cure the interference. You'll find the setting in config/general config.