Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:14:05 AM

Author Topic: Windows 7 BSOD after exit Mach3  (Read 4240 times)

Windows 7 BSOD after exit Mach3
« on: January 16, 2015, 05:07:21 AM »
Hi all,
I'm trying to evaluate Mach3 to use with my hobby CNC machine.
I bought a dedicated computer and installed Windows 7 ultimate (this is the OS I own legally)

Anyway, I installed the latest version of Mach3 and used the drivertest which shows great results.
Then, I've started Mach3 which again looks like it's ok (I have not yet connected any electronics to the computer, but the pulses looks very steady)

The problem is every time I exit Mach3 I get the blue screen of death and the machine restarts.

Any way, for a reason I saw that the guy from Gerry's 2010 screen set (probably Gerry? I see you're also active on these forums) uses version 3.42.040 so I gave it a try...
Well, everything seems to work well, no more BSOD when I exit Mach3  :)

So, I did some more research and downloaded older version from the FTP to find the problematic version.
Conclusions:
Versions 3.43.37 and below are not crashing Windows.
Versions 3.43.38 and above causes the BSOD.

Can anyone at ArtSoft can take a look at that? It _should_ be easy to find when it's only one bump of software version, right?

I've attached the crash photo.

Thanks in advance,
Lior
Re: Windows 7 BSOD after exit Mach3
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:32:38 AM »
ping...

Really waiting for this to pull the trigger on a licence purchase.
I know it's not a big deal using a little older version but would like to know if there will be any new versions or bug fixes...

Thanks,
Lior

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 11:18:45 AM »
Excellent piece of detective work tracking down those which work and those that do not.  ;)

I think the problem relates to the combination of your particular OS and later Mach3 versions rather than just a mach3 issue.

It is doubtful if a later version of Mach3 (assuming one is released) will solve your particular problem so my best advice is to use a Mach3 version which works for you.
In my case I use 3.043.056 and I have absolutely no need to update that to any later version.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 01:20:37 AM »
Hi there,
I use 3.043.066 with Windows 7 Embedded with no problems (except of my own making!).
I think Tweakie is right, your particular platform/OS is the issue.
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'