Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:10:20 PM

Author Topic: Unable to open ProbeDiag.dat Error=11  (Read 6325 times)

Unable to open ProbeDiag.dat Error=11
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:03:23 AM »
Please help.
Just like the title says I receive a
Unable to open ProbeDiag.dat Error=11 when starting up Mach3. It shows up for about 3 seconds at the start of the program then goes away. It happens when starting the profile I have set up. 
I should first let you know I just got a new smothstepper ESS up and running. This error just started at the same time I tried to load the first G code into it. Before this it would JOG just fine and start the spindle and control the speed.
The moment I loaded G code it would kick out an error Art Code 8877. Then the program would stop working. Windows 7 machine just for the CNC
Can someone please give me some in site to this. I don't know why it would have started after trying to load a G code that was working on the system and Jogging just fine 30 seconds before.  ???
Re: Unable to open ProbeDiag.dat Error=11
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 11:18:44 PM »
bump

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 04:45:56 PM »
Hi camoit,
Did you find a solution, I've started having the same issue, it was working great and then all of a sudden the error started popping up?
Mine is Win7, USB smoothstepper and the latest Mach3 install.
Darc
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 01:07:41 PM »
Hi,

I had the same problem.   There was an access lock on the c:\Mach3\ProbeDiag.txt file and it prevented Mach3 from opening.

I deleted the c:\Mach3\ProbeDiag.txt file and Mach3 was able to open and run again.

Andy

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 02:39:30 PM »
Thanks aAndy!

Offline lma

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 07:01:17 PM »
The thing that solved it for me was closing the Notepad window that was opened by clicking "Edit G-code" from a previous Mach3 instance.

Not certain, but I'm suggesting this as a potential cause of the issue:
- "Edit G-code" in Mach3 --> opened Notepad window
- Closed Mach3 without closing Notepad window.
- Opened Mach3 again.  Error because Notepad window is still open.