Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:52:54 AM

Author Topic: MDI screen  (Read 6111 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: MDI screen
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 01:48:21 PM »
Sorry not been online for a few days.
Just looked at your xml and it seems to be the  Code List hotkey that is the problem.

If you look at the pic below you have it set to 123.

What to do is go to Config menu then System Hotkeys and then click the Code List button, when the window pops up just click the red cross. Hopefully that will sort you out.
One other thing I see is you have the Enables in Ports and Pins, Outputs enabled and set up with the same pins as your motors output, that is not right. If you require enables then they should be different port/pin numbers than you have set for the motor outputs.
If it is a stepper setup then likely you do not need enables anyway, so disable them if that is the case.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 05:30:31 PM »
 Thanks Hood That did the trick. ;)

Regards
Charlie
Regards
Charlie M.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 05:33:35 PM »
Took me a wee while to find it but glad it worked :)
Hood
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 06:29:23 PM »
Took me a wee while to find it but glad it worked

ME Too!
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »
Hey Hood, (or .... )
Would you explain for me what was actually happening here ?
I set 123 (F12) in mine and it made no difference.
MDI worked fine.
Just curious.
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 02:20:04 AM »
Russ my mistake, F12 was the key I pressed when I was seeing if that was what the problem was.

When I was initially trying to MDI I could see nothing wrong and nothing was happening,  but I then went to the Diagnostics screen to see if there were any inhibits active on X Y or Z, there weren't but when I tried to MDI from that page I noticed the G Code window was being highlighted, that is when I wondered if it was a Hotkey setup.
I looked and the code window was set to the same key as the Enter key (13 I think), so every time you pressed Enter to use whatever had been typed into MDI it highlighted the Code window thus  anything I had typed in MDI was not acted upon. I changed to F12 just to test and sure enough that had been the problem.

Hood
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 05:36:18 AM »
Ahh, OK .... got it.
Thanks