Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:05:29 PM

Author Topic: ePID fault... press RESET on MACH screen" error with CSMIO-IP-M  (Read 17858 times)

ePID fault... press RESET on MACH screen" error with CSMIO-IP-M
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »
Hi!

Mach worked fine till I changed an output from channel 0 to channel 3 in CSCMIO plugin configuration.
I started to get ePID fault... press RESET on MACH screen" errors.
It did not cure the symptom when I changed setting back how it was before.

If I start mach with a printer port mode, I do not get errror mentioned.

Any experiance on wth the same error?

Thanks,
Juha

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: ePID fault... press RESET on MACH screen" error with CSMIO-IP-M
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 03:29:46 PM »
It is a CSMIO specific error so that is why you only get it with the IP-M and not the PP.
I am not sure why you are getting it but if you attach your xml I will see if I can figure it out.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 07:05:07 PM »
There you go.
I assume each signal has nothng to do with the pin assignment?

Thanks,
Juha

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 05:37:04 AM »
Ok what I would try is to set the port and pin numbers for the axes to Zero. You do not need any numbers there, all you need is to have the axes enabled (Green Tick)  Reason for this is you have told the plugin which channels each axis is to be assigned to.
Having port and pin numbers there may be conflicting and causing you problems.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 04:48:09 AM »
set the port and pin numbers for the axes to Zero.

Hood
Tried. Didn't fix the problem. I'm still loosing hairs.
Mach and PC itself restarted 110 times. Not tried uninstallation yet.

Juha

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 10:34:27 AM »
Not sure this will help but will share my story in the hopes that it does. I saw this on a machine with a noise problem. The noise was not being introduced through the CS labs but was being picked up on a USB keyboards line back to the PC. It defied logic. The cable was not close to, ran parallel to or touching anything "noisy" but it was no doubt the problem. Although the errors were intermittent I could move the cable from place to place and get 100% predictable results. In one position the error and abrupt stop which ultimately caused the Epid fault (sometimes it paused and then continued running) would come within a few cycles. In another position it was rock solid. I did not find this until I placed the PC in its final resting position. I developed with the PC on a table (less than 2 feet away) for easier access. It was not a cheap keyboard but extremely susceptible to noise. The solution............. a different keyboard. If you have access to a cheap wireless keyboard and can remove any physical USB connections to the PC it might be worth trying. I would make sure to use a good network adapter and cable for any Ethernet external motion device. Also, some changes did not take effect until I cycled power to the CS Labs.  

The machine has been running in a production environment for months now with no issues. Sure glad I found it before it left the shop.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »
I wouldn't blame the noice as at least the signals seems to be pretty clean. (aux voltage, step/dir signals)

I'm using laptop without any attachments. The cable I'm using come along with CSMIO.

Juha
Re: ePID fault... press RESET on MACH screen" error with CSMIO-IP-M SOLVED
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 03:14:51 PM »
I tried to uninstall/install mach; no change in a symptom.

But then I fugured out that non of all 4 axes XYZA cannot be left in to a status -none- in CSMIO plugin config. All axes must be gone through to check that all of them are having some channel eventhough not all are used.

I should have paid attention to a flashing exlamation mark in the plugin config but the mark cannot be switched of even all axes are having channel once you have changed something there. Configuration must be saved and closed and then opened again to get rid of flashing signal.

Juha
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »
I am also getting this error sometimes after given a toolchange when the machine ( EncoTurn 140) just started up.
when it occurs the sauter turret can be turned by hand.  It seems a random action and I am still looking for a solution

Grtz Statler
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 10:33:44 AM »
Has anybody solved the problem ? The same happens to me. If i make two operations with different tools than after manual tool change i click on the auto tool zero and it goes to the sensor. When it touches it i get ePID fault. If i make two programs and after tool change i push auto zero it works fine. If anybody has the solution pleas help.

Rgeards